the thugs only daughter

Deniece Pov

Four years had passed when one day I was sitting on my bed playing a board game with my niece Jasmine when my phone started ringing.

"Hello"

"Hello, May I speak to Deniece Washington?" The caller asked.

"This is she, who is calling?" I asked not recognizing the voice.

" Umm my name is Wayne and um a friend of Twist. I'm calling to tell you that he's getting out tomorrow afternoon and he wants you to meet him. When he gets out."

"WHAT!!!!" I screamed into the phone.

"Your a lier I already spoke to Twist and he's not getting out for another three months!" I yelled frantically before hanging up the phone.

I can't believe it. My first love was finally getting out of jail, like oh my God. Its not like I was waiting for him to get out. But it's still a surprise.The phone rang again snapping me out of my shock.

"Hello"

"Hello?"

"Helloooooo" The person on the other end was cracking up. I mean tears coming out your eyes laughing. Just as I was about to hang up the person calmed down and decides to speak.

"I'm sorry I mean Dj why you lie like that? Everybody up in here know good and well we ain't speak in the past four years." Desmond said still chuckling.

"Well, what did you expect me to do I haven't heard from you in four years."

"I know I just thought I should give you some space. After a year I decided to call you but when I did ya moms would just hang up the phone. I don't think she likes me anymore."

To speak of the devil in walks my mother with all her old skool music playing behind her.

"You got the phone cuz I heard it ringing and I didn't know if anyone got it." my mom askes as she dances with my niece.

"Yeah, ma I got it." I say while pointing to the phone in my hand.

"Alright."

"Dj what's all that noise?" Desmond questioned.

"Sorry my mom came in and I'm babysitting my niece."

"OhKay....so would you come see me tomorrow cuz I want to see you."

"Um I don't know.Why you want me to see you after all this time?"

"I want you to come see because I want to tell you what really happen."

"Desmond it's been a really long time."

"I know just let me take you to dinner or something to explain.

"Ugh like um like a date." I stuttered out.

"Well no not exactly just as friends for now."

"Okay so where are you getting released at?"

" From what they told me they letting me out downtown on 23rd street."

"Okay cool when I come meet you I won't be alone I have to bring my niece with me because I'm babysitting."

"That's ok."

"Alright see you tomorrow Desmond."

"bye see you later Dj."

Hanging up the phone I lean back on my bed as I think I can't believe I really agreed to seeing him. What was I thinking? I wasn't thinking. Oh my god I'm going to Desmond tomorrow. I say as I leap up off my bed. In less than 24 Hours omg. What am I going to wear,my hair, nails? Wait this isn't a date he said like friends. So that doesn't mean I can't look good to see my "Friend/first love". I continue to think as I walk towards my closet. Deniece snap out of it you don't want him anymore he lied to you pick out something simple. Ughh what do I do? Giving up I walk back to my bed and go to sleep I can stress about clothes tomorrow.