the thugs only daughter

Deniece's Pov

A few weeks had passed since we spend the night together and things were great between Desmond and I. We constantly talked and texted on the phone. We even went on a few more dates. We told each other all about our childhood's. How his parents wont really there for him and his brother. But how his brother supported and took care of him until he could do it himself. Basically making him the man he is now. How I'm the only girl and don't really get to do much because of what my father does. It was really nice getting to know the person you love and learning how they became this way.

Before we both knew it a whole year and a half had passed with us doing good. But the only thing was my father still knew nothing of Desmond or my relationship. I still talked to my father everyday as if nothing ever changed I just didn't want him to know about Desmond because I knew he would not approve because Desmond is kinda hood. But I guess I will have to tell him soon because he will be home in a few months. But anyway I have niece named Jasmine!!!!! Yea Junior went and got married. Next thing I know I'm a Auntie and I couldn't be more happy. She's so cute. Darnell was graduating from college soon. I will also be graduating high school very soon. I'm going to Columbia college in the city to be close to my family and my man. Who's business was booming I don't know what he does but he makes alot of money.

Desmonds Pov

A week before graduation I was making my way to the house to get my money from the girls when once again there was no one outside. I got a bad feeling but I shook it off thinking it was the food that I eat earlier today. I went into the apartment and was greeted by a bunch of polices officers. Damn was all I thought before they put the cuffs on me.

Denieces Pov

Not hearing from Desmond all day was unusual since he always called me when he got out of school.At like 2 o'clock in the morning her cell rang.Without looking at the caller I.d I answered

"Hello."

"Hey babiii"

"Where have you been babe you had me worried? So what are we doing tomorrow?" I asked

"Ummm babe I need to talk to you."

"Ok what?"

"I don't know how to tell you this but I'm in jail." He's said all in one breath at the end. It was as if the world had stopped moving.

"Baby baBe DENIECE ARE YOU THERE?"

"Yeah, I'm here what did you just say?"

takes a breath "I'm in jail."

"FOR WHAT?"

"Prostitution."

"WHAT!!!!!!!!!?"

"Listen babe I need you to pay my bail so I can get out of here. Ill explain everything later Deniece I promise.

Still in shock I couldn't even reply.

"Baby I got to go my times almost up but ill call you tomorrow. I love you. Bye."

I couldnt believe it. This was suppose to be obe of the happiest moments in my life. To be graduating high school yet the two people I love the most couldn't be here to enjoy it with me because they were in jail. I just rolled over and cried myself to sleep.

I cried and cried. It really sucked being this heartbroken by your first love. But I learned to move on over time. I went to graduation as planned. I heard that Desmond was charged with 4-7 years with a chance of parole because I didn't go bail him out. It was just something I couldn't bring myself to do. To find out the person I loved was pimping out young women was crazy to me. I couldn't do it. In August my dad got out of jail just in time for me to start college.

Desmond Pov

After getting sentence to 4 to 7 years and taking a good look at myself I wasn't even mad at DJ for not wanting to help or talk to me anymore. Being that I caused her so much pain. I tried calling her cell a few times but she changed her number. I even tried to call her house phone but her mom would just hang up the phone. I decided I need to change my life around for the better.