0;01 ♂ transsexual accidents and breakfast coated suits

CHAPTER ONE:

‘in which your character finds out a friend of theirs is transsexual and struggling’
‘in which your character gets sick in the bathroom at Applebee’s and pukes on someone’

      SOCCER SEASON.

The two words Steven wanted most not to hear. Soccer season meant work-out season starting and lazy-ass season coming to an end. And God knows that’s what Steven likes to do most: nothing. But unfortunately for Steven, and another five boys on the team at least, doing nothing was out of the question.

“Dude, finally!” Darren, weird as it might seem, was one of the guys that could actually manage to turn up to practice half an hour early, and with that, dragging his best friend with him. Also known as the wonderful Steven himself. Or so he likes to say. Darren was the reason he joined the damned soccer team in the first place. If only he wasn’t so manipulative and annoying.

“Yay,” Steven muttered, mostly to himself, as he walked into the changing rooms, sarcasm dripping of his tongue. He dropped his bag on one of the wooden benches and started taking off his bracelets and piercing, putting it in his own locker, along with his phone. He patted the device lovingly, before pushing the locker door so it was stuck in between opening and locked. He had to put his clothes in there later.

“Don’t be so negative. I’ve noticed your tummy,” Darren teased, poking his friend in the ribs, too high up, “you need the work-out. Gotta train off that vacation-fat.” Winking, he took his shirt off, showing off that, no, indeed, he didn’t have ‘vacation-fat’, as he called it. Steven rolled his eyes and turned around, keeping his back to his friend, even when said friend started complaining.

“Come on, Stevieeee. I didn’t mean it,” he whined and Steven noted that he sounded strangely like a teenage girl. But when he started poking Steven in his sides, making him squirm, the boy finally turned around, receiving a beaming smile.

“You’re unbelievable,” he muttered, shoving his friend.

“You loooove me,” Darren grinned, wiggling into his soccer shorts. Steven remained to shaking his head and muttering inaudible words under his breath.

“I swear, you are just like a fourteen-year-old girl.”

Darren laughed and proceeded in making kissy-faces, hands on his hips, wiggling his chest like he had tits. Steven inevitably grinned, pushing Darren’s face away when he got a little too close for his liking. “Stop it, weirdo.”

Darren laughed again and stopped, sitting down crossed-legs as he watched Steven pull up his shorts. Steven rolled his eyes and turned his back to him again, wiggling his butt. Darren leaned forward and tapped it, winking at Steven when he turned around, laughing.

It was good to see his best friend again, Steven thought, vacations took too long to go without the weirdo. Even if it had to be at soccer practice.

Slowly, the other guys started to walk in, all slumping down on the benches, dropping their bags on the floor lifelessly. None of them seemed particularly happy to be there, except for Darren, who greeted everyone with a smile as they came in, asking them about their holidays, whether they had fun.

“Tell me about it, come on,” Darren was whining again. He was now bothering one of the lazier lads, who seemed to be too busy getting his jeans off to acknowledge the poor guy.

“Darren?” Someone called out, peeking his head around the wall of lockers.

“Yes?” Darren’s eyes lit up, glad to have found someone that wanted to talk to him.