Melodic Chaos- Summer Fling

"Chae."

"Chae wake-up."

"No."

"I will fry Joohwangie if you don't wake up seriously."

"NO!"

A teenage beauty instantly bolts up from her bed making the other woman smile. "Finally you're up."

"Who wouldn't be up with what you just said!?" She gasps. "Don't you know Parrot and Surgeonfishes are facing heightened extinction?!"

"Calm down, it's not like mom and dad would allow me to fry the fish in the first place... I did what I had to do. You haven't even packed yet and I'm sure when Jen-"

"Good morning to you Park- what the hell?" The woman in faded black hair looks at her with the 'I told you so' look. "Why are you not done with packing?"

"It's not like I have too much to pack Jennie. Besides, I'm only there to accompany you because there's going to be a fish expo."

"Nah-uh, you're there to be our nurse and to be our eyes and ears from the court." The third woman in the room scrunches her nose. "Yah, why do you have so many plants in your bedroom? It's turning into a jungle, to be honest."

"These plants help me to sleep." The Rosie girl says. "Snake plants, Peace lily, and Pothos really help."

Jennie rolls her eyes. "Okay smartass."

"Get out of my room please so that I can finish my packing."

"Alright, we're leaving in a few so we'll see you downstairs." The door closes and Rosie sighs looking over to the farther side of her room where a small baby pink luggage is waiting for her.

She stands up and walks over to her walk-in closet looking through her wide array of bright and vintage collection of clothes. Biting her lower lip and after what felt like an eternity, she decides to wear a NASA statement cropped shirt to match with her dad jeans and white sneakers.

Grabbing other essentials needed for the trip, she closes her luggage and takes a good look at herself in the mirror before putting on her specs and rushing downstairs to eat breakfast with her family.

"Are you girls excited?" Mason- their father asks through the rearview mirror.

"Definitely!" Jennie, Chaeyoung's best friend beams. "I can't wait to smash and grab the title again this year."

"Me too... Most especially this is going to be my last year." Alice, Chaeyoung's older sister says.

"Don't worry too much Alice, I'm sure Chaeyoung will find it in her heart to join the team once the term starts."

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes from the passenger seat. "Not you too dad."

"What?" He raises his voice subtly in defense. "It's not like you two haven't played some middle school volleyball together."

"Yeah, until you get hit hard on the face which causes you to have a blurry vision from then on."

"Don't worry dad, I'm sure Chaeyoung will miss being in the court after witnessing it from the courtside." Alice says. "Being a volleyball player is definitely in her blood."

"Alright, here we are." He pulls the car over to the departure area. "You girls have fun okay? But not too much fun, remember I will still call you three from time to time."

"Don't worry uncle, we will take care." The smallest girl releases her gummy smile which makes the man smile in return. "We'll send pictures from time to time. Bye!"