Cain-EXES

"Mom I'll be heading out now."

"Chae, sweetie- are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Yes mom. We've talked about this and you guys all think I needed this one too."

Mrs. Park sighs. "Come here you." She says, pulling her youngest into a comforting hug. "I just want to see you happy that's all."

"When I come home, it's going to be a different Chaeyoung I promise."

"Not too different I hope?"

"No mom." The blonde-haired woman smiled. "Almost similar but never the same type of different."

She kisses her mom on the cheek farewell before getting on the passenger seat with her dad driving. He honks the car announcing their departure to her wife before driving out of the highway and onto the airport.

The car ride was dead silent and Chaeyoung understood that because unlike her mother who always speaks on what was going through her mind, her father was the exact opposite of it. She never really understood how did they managed to stay this long despite their differences but just like what she always say-

"It's obvious Chae, opposites do attract."

"No, I don't believe that for one second. Opposites don't attract to one another."

"Well then how do you explain how batteries work?"

"But that's the thing- we're not batteries. We're humans- humans who fall for people who actually fall for someone who has the same taste as ours."

"But you fell for me right?"

The Korean native couldn't help but roll her eyes. "We're different."

"Which is why I conclude that I won this argument."

"Fine, I'm gonna let you win only because you know I'm soft for you."

"You're always soft for me."

"That's because I love you."

"Chae?" She turns to her dad who had this worried look on his eyes. "We're gonna arrive at any minute now. I'd just like you to prepare yourself."

"It's fine dad, I've talked to my team and they've already fooled the public. I won't be swarmed this time."

"I wasn't talking about them, I was talking about yourself."

"What do you mean?"

"Once you get on that plane and arrived there- her mom's going to fetch you and there's no way of going back."

"I know."

"I just want you to know that I may not be a fan of words, but I think it's about time you face her you know?" He says. "I know you're scared, but you deserve this. We all think you deserve this, including her."

That was close to bring her to tears but she gather her composure and smiles. "Thanks for driving me dad. I'll see you real soon yeah?"

"Are you Miss Chaeyoung Park?"

"That's me."

"Oh good. My name's Sorn by the way but I'm sure you know it. Auntie couldn't pick you up so-" She raises both of her shoulders wordlessly saying that she was stuck with her. "I hope you're okay with that."