Chapter 23 - Loosen Restraint

Chapter 23

Loosen Restraint

It didn't take long for the gang to reach to the castle that was left to rubble. The girls and Ernest were a bit taken aback from the conditions around them wondering if this was really where Amelia and Rimulus were staying.

"Um, Mia, where are you staying?" Lynae asked.

"This is it. This is the Aula, Atlantica's greatest site and pride – well at least it was a thousand years ago," Amelia said praising it as if she found a global treasure in her eyes.

"This is all ruin, Mia. Why would you want to sleep in a place like this?"

"Because it is history. Every corner I see, everything that I can imagine of what it could have been like to be in the Aula,"

Suddenly Rimulus interrupted her gloating on the once sturdy structure. "My apologies, my lady, but dinner is served," Rimulus brought in a tray of oysters, skewered fish with wrappings of seaweed, and squid fritters.

"Mmm, Rimulus, you've done it again! Come, come sit, we have a guest with us. Rimulus, I would like to introduce to you, Ernest. He is the blacksmith's son in Oceanus. He helped train Meredith into the skills of metal craftwork," Amelia said with excitement.

"A pleasure to meet you, Ernest. Lynae, Meredith, glad to see you well once more. Please enjoy as much as you like," Rimulus humbly bowed to them.

The girls looked at each other as if Amelia had lost it since being in the waters in Atlantica. They also looked at the food that Rimulus prepared. Hesitantly and hungry, the girls took each of the food that was offered and ate it. Lynae was shocked at how refreshing the oysters and fish were . She then hastily got more and stuffed her face realizing how hungry she was. Later on, she realized that the others were staring at her. At to her embarrassment, she slowed down and cleared her throat.

"My apologies for you all seeing such a sight," Lynae said wiping her face with the seaweed.

"We can worry about courtesies later, you've been without food for more than eight hours today. I think we can make an exception." Amelia said gently understanding how hungry she really was.

"Wow, so this is what Atlanticans eat here, no disrespect intended," Ernest said joyfully eating the delicacies on the tray.

"I understand where you are coming from. I, too, was from Oceanus myself. It took me awhile to learn about what food was common here and what they eat here to better serve my lady,"

"You did very well indeed, Rimulus. By the way, you did do what I said before I left right?" Amelia whispered to Rimulus.

"Of course, my lady, as you asked me to do numerous times before," Rimulus answered.

"Good, well, I apologize that this really isn't much of a home, but before I found out you guys were coming, I was planning on reconstructing the Aula to its former glory. I would have done it sooner, had I enough energy to get it done in time for your arrival,"

"My lady, you know full well that this is not a one mer job of fixing a place such as the Aula," Rimulus scolded her.

"I know, but still can't say I wouldn't try anyway, right?"

"I would have had to hold you down from your determination and dedication," Rimulus smiled gently.

"Well, I know now is not the time to start up construction planning today. I know you must be tired from your long journey. There's two other bedrooms that are still intact. They don't close fully, but better than to sleep out in the open." Amelia said.