Chapter 9 - "I don't want to love her, but I do!"

Start from the beginning

 “It is not going to be that easy.” I tried to sound convincing.

 I could tell she was pouting. “Oh come on. It’s all innocent fun.”

 I felt a bit angry. “Innocent fun” did she really not realize how I am practically head-over-heels for her? Did she forget she had a boyfriend who abuses her? None of what she was doing to me should be innocent fun, because I wanted more than to be a hook up. I wanted to be hers.

 “What’s wrong?” She asked.

 “Nothing.” I grumbled.

 “Come on Echo, tell me. Is it about Ashley and how you don’t get to spend time with her anymore?”

 “Maybe.” I lied. It was better than telling her I loved her.

She sighed, spun my chair around and took a seat on my lap. “If you want to see her more just tell me and I will leave.” She said, nuzzling my neck.

 All the sudden I heard a door close. “My mom is home.” I stated.

 “Oh perfect!” She squealed, getting up from my lap and leaving my room.

 I scrambled out of my chair to follow her. “Wait! Jinx get back here.” I hissed.

 “Hello! I am Jinx! It is so lovely to meet you.” I heard her say.

 I cut the corner to my mom looking startled yet happy to meet her. My mother gave me a look saying “oh my gosh my daughter found herself a woman. You go Echo.” I face-palmed and shook my head no because this was never the plan.

 “Echo, darling, how is it that I never met your Friend?” She asked, emphasizing friend.

 “Well you just did.” I mumbled, not exactly what I had in mind but I guess it could work.

 “Please, stay for dinner.” My mother insisted.

 Jinx placed bother her hands on her chest. “I would be honoured.”

 * * *

 “Your mother is sweet.” Jinx said when we both laid on my bed.

 I was utterly exhausted from my mother’s 100 questions about Jinx and I. How did you two meet? and Jinx, what are your plans after high school. It was nice how my mother played the fatherly role of making sure Jinx was good for me, but what my mother didn’t yet know was that Jinx was taken by a psychopath.

 When all was silent between us I closed my eyes to enjoy the comfort it brought, until I felt another pair of lips on mine.

 “Stop.” I got out once she lifted her face from mine.

 “Stop what?” She asked cluelessly.

 I grumbled. “Jinx, you have a boyfriend.”

 “I do indeed.”

 What was with this girl. I again closed my eyes, secretly hoping she would kiss me once more. Again I felt a pair of soft lips come in contact with mine and this time I kissed back. Our lips molding perfectly together. I laced my fingers in her hair and pressed her closer to me until I heard a door slam shut.

 I pushed Jinx off of me and ran to my door and looked out into the hall where I found my mother. “What happened?” She asked. “I sent Ashley to your room saying you were there but then she just ran out of the house.” She looked worried as if I had done something to hurt her. Why would she just run out?

 “I’ll be back.” I told my mom, quickly sprinting out of the door.

 * * * ASHLEY’S POV * * *

 “Hey! Is Echo home?” I was surprised her mother was even home, but I didn't complain, I loved Echo’s mother.

 “Oh! She is in her room, you can go ahead and head on back.” She moved out of the way of the door and went into the kitchen to finish whatever she was doing in there.

 I walked the hall and opened the door to Echo’s room and right then I spotted someone on top of Echo, kissing her. I stood there frozen as unknown emotions flowed through my body. My heart began ache. A pain almost unbearable. Before I took the time to understand I slammed her door. I knew she would find out it was me when she talked to her mother so I ran out of the house.

 “Ashley?” Her mother called out but I sprinted out of the front door and jumped into my vehicle. I hurried to start the damn machine and pulled out of the drive.

 I drove until I got to Matt’s house. He opened the door with a worried look on his face. I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn’t get out the words. When Matty touched my face to wipe something off I knew I was crying. I let out a whimper and he grabs me, holding me close.

“I don’t want to feel this way anymore Matt!” I choked out. “I don’t want to love her, but I do!”