Chapter 9 - "I don't want to love her, but I do!"

A/N: I hope this is what everyone was waiting for. Please expect this while story to be rewritten and pardon my flaws and mistakes in this story I was way to excited to post this again c: Please enjoy!

* * * * * * *

“I am not kidding.” Jinx smiled at me. “I want to meet her.”

 Clearly she didn’t mean she wanted to meet my mother. When she said she wasn’t kidding I began to make my face look more serious, or at least hoping it looked more serious because I was holding back a pretty big laugh. It was not a problem that she wanted to meet my mom, the problem was my mother was never home. It was funny having someone around who never noticed. That and I liked Jinx and the only other time my mother met a girl that I liked was when I was in middle school and I considered that girl to be my ‘friend’. I laughed at the memory when I recalled our make-out section right after our dinner we had with my mom.

 I snapped out of the memory and looked at her seriously. “Good luck with that.”

 “What do you mean?” She asked.

 I give her an are-you-serious look. “She is never home.”

 She looked at me. “Yeah I know, she is on business all the time, you told me that.”

 I huffed. “Mhm.”

 “You know,” She said, laying back on my bed again. “I don’t always zone out when you talk to me.”

 I glare at her from across the room. Of course she doesn’t. I decide not to comment, and go back to my school work. I had to finish all of this before the weekend was up and failing and not doing it was not exactly an option. I heard the bed squeak slightly, so I know Jinx had gotten up. Then I feel hands on both of my shoulders and she rests her head on top of mine.

 “That looks boring.” She says.

 “Someone has to do it.”

 She gave a light chuckle. “Right.”

 “Are you saying you do not do your schoolwork, Ms. Holland?” I fake gasped, as if I was surprised.

 “Only when I need to, I am graduating this year after all.” I could tell she was smiling. I spun around in my chair.

 “You wish, if you keep getting distracted and not doing your schoolwork you won’t be graduating.” I teased.

 She looked at me, faking a hurt look. “You are the only thing that distracts me from my work, Ms. Joy.”

 Damn. Why must she say things like that. I could feel my cheeks getting hot. Her amazingly blue eyes were just scanning my face. She smirked. I hated how cocky she became when I got all flustered. I wish I could be more confident and cocky like that. Normally with any other girl I would be, being dominate was my thing. I could tell that Jinx wasn’t going to give me that title any time soon.

 “As flattering as that is Holland, it wasn’t enough to spark my interest and make me stop working.” I turned back to my work sheet on economics, pretending like I was still doing it. All my words were lies though, but I hope she couldn’t see through them.

 “Maybe I will just have to try harder.” She whispered in my ear. A chill went through my body and I shivered. Dammit.

 She turned my chair around again and placed a hand under my chin, making me look up at her. She then moved in for the kill but I wasn’t going to let her kiss me this easily again like last time. She was vulnerable and I think that is why I let her. This time she was just trying to prove a point. I tore my gaze away from her face and grabbed her hand off of my face, moving it away and again trying to go back to my work.