Jennie |.. On second thought.

Kai beat me to it.

But, I've come to accept it. They seemed really happy together, and I'd rather not ruin what they already have.

So, I let them be. What else could I do? Confess? You insane?

Weeks fly by, and eventually, like everyone should, I move on from her and start living my own life. Seeing more news of JenKai didn't affect me much, if not at all. And I started filtering news from her out of my feed.

It was going great. I was happy. Well, until the two announce they broke up after tremendous backlash. No one knows if they truly broke up, or if they were merely doing damage control. When I caught wind if this, I was intrigued. That was quick, I thought.

I wanted to call Jisoo and ask what was going on. But, I thought they'd be alright by themselves. And I'll ask once everything gets better and when the time is right.

But apparently, things went more different than I had anticipated.

It was 2am, and receiving a call at that timing would infuriate anyone. I didn't bother checking the caller ID and annoyingly answered.

"It's 2 fucking AM." I said.

"Y/N? Oh thank goodness you haven't changed your number. Jennie is drunk out of her mind, and is asking for you." This voice.

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Jisoo."

"Please. Y/N."

"Fine, fine. I'll be there in a bit." I hung up the phone and sat up. This Jennie is causing so many problems.

And why was she asking for me?

I reluctantly get up from my bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I was dead tired, and many excuses I could give to Jisoo went through my mind. I didn't really want to go to a sober Jennie, much less a drunk Jennie.

"Calm, calm. It's fine. Everything's going to be fine."

•~•

Everything isn't fine.

True to Jisoo's word, Jennie was drunk out of her mind. But also failed to mention that Jennie didn't get drunk at the dorm, but rather at a bar where they were leading her to my apartment.

I kept her arm around my neck, helping her to take off her shoes and sat her on my couch. She reeked of alcohol, and I'm surprised she hasn't puked yet.

"Y/N.. is that you...?" Jennie called out with outstretched hands. "I miss you.. why haven't you called me..?"

"You're drunk. We need to get you changed for bed. You're lucky I still keep some of your clothes around." I shook my head, thinking of how I can help change her clothes without sexually harassing her.

"Y/N.. why did you leave me..?"

There it was. I was anticipating that question, but still. It hurt. My heart shrank and I could barely maintain eye contact with the drunk Jennie. What could I say? That I was jealous about her relationship with Kai?

"I... I'm sorry."

"I.." Jennie hiccuped and stumbled forward, trying to find where I was. It was lucky that I caught her before she fell. ".. You feel warm. I feel safe."

And within a fee seconds of her saying that, she snuggled in my arms and drifted off to sleep. If she were even a little bit more sober, she would've heard my heart pounding against my chest.

Her actions only reignited old feelings I've kept buried, and that was a bad thing. I didn't want to go through the same thing again.

Jennie, on the other hand, felt completely safe in your arms. Enough for her to immediately fall asleep. Perhaps it was your scent. Or your warmth. Or your touch, but Jennie felt safe.