Tzuyu | Loss & Found

Tzuyu brushed past you, leaving you speechless. It was Valentine's day, and you had planned to confess for some time now. You took the time to bake cookies for her, pick out the flowers and even waited fancily wrapped the cookies in a cute little box.

Well, until like ten minutes ago. Where she brutally rejected you.

You handed Tzuyu the box of cookies and flowers after stopping her in the hallway.

"Tzuyu-ah. Here, these are for you. Happy Valentine's Day. I've liked you for a while now, and -"

"Save it. I don't want to hear it. Don't approach me ever again." Tzuyu glared before brushing past you, leaving you alone in the corridor with your thoughts.

You held in your tears and slowly walked back home. You never thought those words would come out of Tzuyu's mouth. You've been so kind to her over the years, it was only natural that you'd have fallen for her.

Maybe she rejected you cause of her reputation. Being most prettiest does have its restrictions. You sighed as you entered your house and set box and flowers on the table before stumbling to your room.

Your heart was shattered by Tzuyu. You sobbed into your pillow, eventually falling asleep.

Time skip a few years ahead.

Y

ou've graduated from JYP High with flying colours. You've tried your best to forget that rejection. Something about rejection is one step closer to finding your true love.

You avoided Tzuyu since that day. You could see that she was doing extremely well herself. Which was good.

You planned on working for JYP himself, seeing as you were offered a spot with your grades. Of course you'd have to endure through training, but that was the least of your problems.

You traveled to the building and took a deep breath before entering. You were training as a lyricist and producer for a new girl group. TWICE, you've heard the name was.

SIXTEEN was being held the same time as your training, so you'd only meet the members of TWICE after the show was done and members are confirmed.

Eventually that time would come.

"You haven't met any of the Twice members yet right?" JYP asked as you both walked down the hallway, towards the room where the girls were waiting.

"Not yet, actually. I couldn't even watch Sixteen. My schedule was too full."

"Ah, sorry. You know how it is. Look at you. All grown up now."

You chuckled before reaching said room. JYP entered first before you did.

There were nine girls. All fresh from Sixteen, and you could immediately tell which type of song fit perfectly with their vibe.

"Girls, settle down. I'm here to introduce your new producer. This is Y/N, and you'll be meeting Y/N for a really long time." JYP introduced you.

"Hello!" You greeted them with a wave.

You haven't actually noticed Tzuyu yet, but she definitely noticed you, and the first thing she remembered was the harsh rejection.

"I'll leave you to get to know the girls. I'll be back to explain the schedules later. I have an important meeting now." JYP left the room.

"Alright, then. I haven't actually watched Sixteen yet. So I don't know your names. Let's have fun, hmm?"

You scanned the girls, before your eyes rested on one particular member. Of course. Why wouldn't she be here.

Chou Tzuyu. The one you forgot.

She noticed your gaze lingering on her and you quickly shut your eyes before opening them with a grin.

"Let me start. My name is Y/N. Graduated from JYP High about some time ago. I was offered a spot here, and I accepted. Of course, I can't sing. You girls can. That's why I write the music." You said.

"Ehh? But you're so young?" Sana asked.

"Yes well, with a new girl group a new producer has to be placed. I've been trained, don't worry. I'll try my best, so long as you girls give it your all. " You smiled.

"Yes! Fighting!" Dahyun and Jihyo said in unison.

"That's the spirit. Now, introduce yourselves."

Slowly, you got to know the girls. Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and finally, Tzuyu.

"And you, Tzuyu. What about you?" You asked, with all eyes on her.

"Eh? You know her?" Nayeon said.

"I graduated from the same school she did. She was Ms. Popular back then. I got rejected by her once." You chuckled.

Tzuyu's eyes widened, as the did rest of the girls.

"Really?!" Momo gasped.

You nodded. "Again, it was so long ago. No hard feelings."

Tzuyu stared at you with a blush on her face. The reason she rejected you was because she didn't want her 'friends' back then thinking lowly of her, and now she learned that those people were bitches and made her miss out on having a relationship with you.

~<>~

"

One more time.. gimme gimme.." You murmured as thought in the music studio.

"No, no." You sighed and leaned back.

You heard knocking on the door.

"Come in." You answered before looking at the door. "Ah, Tzuyu. What brings you here?"

She closed the door behind her before walking up to you. "You."

"Huh?"

"I realised.. I made a mistake." She began. "I was.. young and stupid back then. Please forgive me."

You blinked before laughing. "It's okay! Really."

"No, it's not. I was so set on being accepted by my friends that I threw out everything I liked just for them. They're in jail now. Drugs. And I've learned. So.. Y/N. I'm here now because...

... I like you."

"Tzuyu." You said. "It's been so long. I'll be lying if I said that I still like you. I've always thought that rejection leads one closer to their true love. Never would I think that you'd return my feelings."

"Then at least give me a chance!" Tzuyu shouted.

"Tzuyu.. I would've done anything to hear those words from you back then. But you didn't give me a chance." You said. Tzuyu was about to cry and speak but you held your hand up.

"But, that wouldn't be fair, would it? I get my heart crushed only to find her liking me back. I realise that no one deserves to feel the pain of rejection. It hurts. Honestly. So, Tzuyu. 7pm, Friday. Star Cafe. Don't be late." You smiled.

Tzuyu stared you before blinking her tears away and nodding happily and hugging you. "Thank you so much, Y/N. There was a reason I fell for you. After all this time."