Chapter 4

Selina walks into the apartment with Alfred behind her. She holds Cayden in her arms as Alfred puts the bags down.
"So this is where you stay" he asks. She nods as she walks over to bed and puts Cayden down. She takes his clothes off and cleans his diaper before putting a clean diaper on. She grabs one of the new onesies that she got for him and puts it on him.
Alfred walks over and hands her a bottle.
"Thanks" she says as she feeds Cayden. Alfred smiles at the young girl and she feeds the baby.
"So how are you doing to keep affording the formula and diapers I don't think you can keep using Miss Galavans money" he says. She looks at him.
"I don't know with no eduction Alfred getting a job is going to be a bit hard" she says.
"Well your good at fitness maybe you can try out for a PE teacher. I know the school has accepted teacher there who don't have a teaching degree" he says. She nods.
"Maybe I'll have to see. Just a job where I can get enough money to buy me and Cayden a better apartment and be able to get him a proper education something I didn't get" she says. He puts a hand on her shoulder.
"You don't need a education Miss Kyle because what you have done without it may be criminal but you have a better fitness than most of the kids in Gotham and your knowledge of the world is impressive" he says. She laughs.
"Alright enough with the sappy stuff why don't we make some dinner and then we can go to bed" she says. Alfred nods before walking over to the kitchen and making dinner.

The next day Selina wakes up to Cayden crying. She gets up and walks over to him.
"Hey it's ok kitten it's ok" she says as she rocks him. He calms down after a few minutes. She sighs before walking out to the kitchen. She sees Alfred making breakfast.
"Morning Miss Kyle" he says.
"Morning Alfred" she says. He hands her a bottle.
"His breakfast" he says. She takes it and smiles.
"Thank you" she says before feeding Cayden.
"So Miss Kyle I have rang the gotham school and you have an interview tomorrow for a job" Alfred says. She raises her eyebrow.
"Really How did you convince them" she asks.
"Well let's just say I'm persuasive" he says. She laughs before going and burping Cayden.
"Also I have a doctors appointment for Cayden to have him checked" he says. She nods.
"Alfred how are we going to pay for all of this" she asks. He sighs.
"I will try and see if I have some money that Bruce gave me for working for him. It's may not be a lot but it should be enough for now" he says.
"I can't ask you to do that Alfred" she says. He shakes his head at her.
"Miss Kyle I have seen you grown from a girl who lived on the streets stealing to survive to a young women who is now looking after a baby because she cares for them. When I would see you and Bruce I knew that you two where going to be best friends and over time I knew there was something more than that. And over time I have seen your guard go down as you trust Bruce, me and other people more. And it's ok to do so. I'm trying to say you are like a daughter to me like Bruce a son" he says. She gives him a small smile before laughing.
"Your really sappy Alfred but thank you" she says with a smile.
He smiles at her before carefully hugging her. She pulls back and smiles at the older man.
"Well you better go get ready for the appointment so you go get dressed and I will go and get this little minx ready" he says. She nods before handing Cayden over to Alfred.

Selina walks out in her new clothes

She looks over and sees that Alfred has put Cayden in some new clothes

She looks over and sees that Alfred has put Cayden in some new clothes. She walks over and takes ahold of him.
"Ok let's go" she says.