28 ❀ A wedding ring

Start from the beginning

Two pack warriors stand behind him. They are somewhat tall and muscular, definitely strong enough to hurt me, but after meeting Ezra and his band of lycans, and knowing just what they're capable of, it's hard for people to intimidate me anymore unless they ooze that spicy scent.

But I know without a doubt that something is wrong. Horribly wrong. This is going to be a mess, that's for sure.

"What do you want?" My words come out slurred and scratchy, and Beta Thorn doesn't have a reply for me. He just storms into my room and starts tearing into my cramped closet with a vengeance, ripping clothes off the hangers left and right. The few items of clothing I own go flying everywhere.

I let out a little yelp and rush over to grab his shoulders, I tear him away and push him to the ground with a thump.

"What are you doing?" Another one of my questions that goes unanswered as the two pack warriors rummage through my things as well. One of them has the audacity to start messing with my books, the piles of pages toppling over.

Oh nuh uh, you can mess with my clothes all you want, but no one touches my books.

Before I can reach the imbecile, Beta Thorn kicks my legs out from under me, and then I'm the one on the floor. My back aches from the contact with the wood, and tears spring to my eyes. I'm seeing stars.

When I finally sit up, I hear one of them shout, "I found it!" and I can't help but being outrageously confused.

Is it my sleep deprivation, or am I just going crazy from my abusive life? It wouldn't really surprise me at this point.

I spot the other pack warrior, slightly shorter than the other who assaulted my books, hold up something shiny in between his sausage fingers. In his other hand he holds my slobber stained pillow.

My eyes narrow on it to discover it's a ring.

A wedding ring.

My evil Beta grabs it, holding it up in the light and inspecting it. A slow grin grows like a weed on his face, and a deep sense of foreboding trickles through the marrow of my bones.

"I wonder how Luna Green's ring got here?" He asks, and I have the sudden desire to throw up all over him.

"I'm right along with you, I have no idea where it came from." I can see he doesn't believe me, not that I thought he would. He nods his head, and then the warriors are on me, pulling me up by my arms and into the air like a freaking rag doll.

I let out an oof sound from the sudden motion, my vision blurring.

"I knew you were a thief, omega, but I never expected you to take the dead Luna's wedding ring." He twirls the jewelry in his hand, "A precious memory the Alpha keeps stowed away, and one of his most prized possessions. You've got balls."

"No, I don't have balls. Thank Goddess too, otherwise I'd be as stupid as the rest of you."

The angry look is back on his face, and before I can get a word out his fist connects with my stomach, I gasp for air when the wind is knocked right out of me.

It's an awful sensation not being able to breathe. I'm choking and gagging as I try desperately to let oxygen in.

Beta Thorn looks down at me with a sadistic gleam in his eyes.

"Time to pay for your crimes."

❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀