Chapter Twenty Four: You Build Me Up And Then I'll Fall Apart

Dedication to iamcrazyiknow for reading my book so quickly and voting!

Thank you all a ton for he votes and comments- keep 'em coming!

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

"Hey, we're here." Pete whispers, shaking both my own and Patrick's shoulders. We weren't asleep- I don't think I even want to be asleep any longer for fear of the nightmares attacking me all over again. Patrick came up with the genius idea of sharing a pair of earbuds and putting his iPhone on shuffle, turning the music as loud as he could so we wouldn't be able to fall asleep.

It actually worked.

"We're awake, Pete." I groan, twisting slightly and letting Patrick tighten the arm hooked around my waist. I blush extremely hard as the music transitions from some The Script song to Christina Perri or something. Obviously, it had to be Human.

"I can hold my breath. I can bite my tongue. I can stay awake for days, if that's what you want. Be your number one. I can fake a smile. I can force a laugh. I can dance and play the part, if that's what you ask. Give you all I am. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it." Patrick tenses slightly as the song flows through the wires and into only our ears. I bite my lower lip as it continues. "But I'm only human, and I bleed when I fall down. I'm only human, and I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart. You build me up and then I fall apart 'cause I'm only human."

"Hey, let's get going." Patrick smiles uneasily at me, sucking in his quivering bottom lip. Holy smokes, I think he's about to cry. Good going, stupid music shuffle.

"Sure," I croak through my unbelievably sore throat. I try to swallow, but my throat burns. I don't know whether it's because I'm sick or if it's because of how terrified I am.

Pete gets up and out of his seat once the plane finally lands and we're told to unfasten our seat belts. Pete pulls his carry on out of the shelf and pulls the straps of the bag over his shoulders. He turns his head and looks over at me and Patrick for a moment- me with this sick, worn out look and Patrick with this lost, worried, and conflicted look. He furrows his brows and inhales deeply. "You two alright?" Pete asks hesitantly.

"I can turn it on; be a good machine. I can hold the weight of worlds, if that's what you need. Be your everything. I can do it, I can do it. I'll get through it." The song is still playing, and I swear, I don't know what's worse- the fact that Patrick is getting all emotional because of the meaning behind the song or the fact that Pete's worrying for nothing too important. I know exactly why this song is hurting him too much; he's thinking about my attack. God, I wish they never found out, but at the same time, I'm extremely thankful that they did.

"Perfect." Patrick manages, flashing his adorable smile. I can't help but hear him say, somewhere in the back of my mind, 'Porcelain' following his one word answer. Pete looks at us skeptically, raising his eyebrows in that Pete Wentz way that's supposed to sort of scare the shit out of you and make you tell the truth. Of course, I'm his sister, and I've learned how to not get fazed by it. Guessing by how Patrick doesn't react to it either, I'm thinking that the years of friendship with Pete has made him immune to the look.

"Good..." Pete says, chancing a glance to the seats farther behind me and Patrick. Andy, Joe, and a groggy Dallon are the three sitting directly behind us, followed by Hayley, Jeremy, and Tayor, and then Ryan, Brendon, and Spencer. I already know that they're packing up and getting ready to leave the plane without having to turn around.

"Cole," Brendon is practically skipping down the aisle, his Spiderman build allowing him to squeeze past annoyed and incredulous First Class passengers. Patrick fumbles with his iPhone to turn off the music, but his fingers are trembling and he accidentally shoots the volume up higher. I hear the next line of the bridge in nearly full volume.

"I'm only human, I'm only human, just a little hUMAN!" Christina Perri's voice rises higher and higher to the point where I can feel my eardrums about to burst. And then it stops. "I can take so much, 'til I've had enough."

"I'm so sorry." Patrick mouths to me just as he stops the music and takes our earbuds out. I hold my breath and look down, my heart beating faster and faster. When I do decide to breathe, it's too hard. I zone out, completely blocking out everything and everyone at that exact precise moment.

"Derek, please." I cry, my strength weakening to the point of near paralyzation. Derek braces his arms, shoving me backwards onto the once before neatly made bed. I shake my head, trying to get up. "Please don't."

"Shut up," Derek growls, grasping my arms and throwing them up and over my head. He fumbles with his belt, tying up my wrists above my head to the point the material is digging into my wrists. "Shut the hell up."

"You can't do this, please." I beg, shaking my head as my whole body quivers with fear.

"I'll do what I want."

"I thought you loved me." I croak out, the tears streaming heavily like the Niagara Falls.

"Haven't you heard what your brother says? 'The person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger.'" Derek grins like he just thought of the funniest thing ever. I stop breathing. "You should learn to be less naïve."

"Stop it!" I scream at him when he fumbles with my clothes.

"Never- I'm having way too much fun."

"Colby, please."

My head shoots up like a rocket at that, panting like I held my breath for five minutes. And maybe I did, because it certainly felt like it. Patrick is still right next to me, his lips parted while his eyes are filled with worry. Pete is the next one I notice, his bag dropped to the seat and kneeling in the cramped space before me. Everyone else is unsure of what to do.

Just when I think Pete will be the one to comfort me again, it's Patrick.

"Shh, hey, don't worry your head about another thing, Porce." Patrick whispers into my hair once his arms are wrapped securely around my shoulders. I can't help but burst out into heavy sobs, gasping and hiccuping between the tears and the runny nose.

"It was right before... he kept telling me to shut up... he referenced Miss Missing You... I'm so scared, 'Trick." I cry into his shoulder this huge load of words that I'm sure he'll need to freaking dissect and decode them. I just keep crying into his chest because I honestly don't know what else to do but make a scene for the whole of freaking Canada to see.

"How about we leave the airport, get our hotel room, and stay up watching old eighties movies? I know you'll love it." Patrick rambles off to me. All I can do is nod my head and force myself to calm down.

"Okay," I mumble into his shirt.

"Great." Patrick whispers.

"I... I love you."

-/::\-

OKAY BEFORE YOU KILL ME, LET ME EXPLAIN! THIS WAS SHORT FOR A REASON BECAUSE IT'S MAINLY ABOUT HER WHOLE ATTACK AND HOW SHE FEELS. AND THEN A TOUCH OF CATRICK! OMG IS IT CANNON OR NOT IS IT JUST FRIENDLY OR ROMANTIC OMG I DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Please don't forget to vote and comment! Next chapter should be out sooner and will be much longer than this! Thank you all lots! Bye!

-Stay Classy, Young Volcanoes

•LeaveNoWordsUnspoken