9

"We're going after them."

"How? We still don't know where they are, or how many."

"Well, we've got someone who does."

That morning it became you and Louis' task to take the raider with one arm, Abel, down into the basement and try to interrogate him. You had no idea how the task had fallen onto you two, but Clementine, or even Ruby, would surely have been more suited for the assignment.

He was currently passed out, most likely from the pain after he'd fallen a whole storey down. So Louis simply grabbed him and carried him.

"That looks heavy." You said and eyed him.

"It's not too bad. His smell is much worse." Louis said and gagged.

You opened the cellar door and Louis plopped him down in an old classroom chair. You were taping him to the chair with duct tape when you could hear small footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I want to see this." AJ said with a serious face.

"You sure, little man?" Louis asked him and crouched down to his level.

"Yes." AJ answered, determined to partake in the interrogation.

"Do you think the tape's enough?" You asked Louis.

"Probably. He looks pretty dis-Abel-d to me." He said with a smirk. You rolled your eyes at him but you couldn't stop yourself from snickering.

Then the three of you stood there, staring at the raider. None of you took the initiative to actually do anything. The first part had been easy. Now it was just the actual interrogation left.

"Are we gonna do something, or?" AJ asked. "We can't wait for him to wake up."

The kid was right. You looked at Louis and he shrugged in response. You took the call and approached the stranger. You debated what to do for a few seconds to get him back to consciousness.

"Wake up, you ugly fuck!" You shouted right into his ear. He quickly stirred awake and looked at his surroundings.

"Where are your manners?" Abel croaked and coughed a couple times.

"My manners? Kidnapping a couple kids doesn't sound like good manners to me." You spat back at him.

"You're a fierce one." He said. He laughed but it only caused him to go into a coughing fit.

"How do we get him to talk?" Louis whispered to you. "Like, do I have to punch him or something?"

"Honestly, I don't know." You answered.

Then AJ walked up to Abel and kicked him right on his broken leg. You gasped as he did so. The little man was ruthless. Abel screamed from the pain before passing out yet again. Nice, now you'd have to wake him up all over again.

"Should we go get Clementine?" You asked after the three of you had just stood in front of the unconscious, balding man, looking at him for a while.

"I think she would handle this better." Louis agreed.

"You go. I'll keep a watch on him." AJ said and brought a chair to sit on. He took his gun out of his pocket and started playing with it.

"I'll never agree with the guy having a gun." Louis told you as you made your way outside.

In the courtyard, Willy was still mourning Mitch. He was crying and Clementine was comforting him. Poor guy had just lost his best friend, he was most likely the one who took Mitch's death the hardest.