8

"The raiders, they're here." Clementine said, dead serious.

Everyone had gathered in a circle by now, and Clementine informed you that the raiders had guns with them. They even had horses with carts.

"So... Any final words of wisdom?" Louis asked. He tried to sound confident, but his fear betrayed him.

Clementine thought about it for a while before saying:

"No matter what happens, look out for-"

She was abruptly interrupted by the sound of a gunshot, and Omar fell down to the ground. He winced in pain and grabbed his leg.

"Hide! Now!" Clementine shouted, and no more was needed to make the rest of you run for dear life.

The raiders hadn't made it inside yet, because of all the debris you had put in front of the gate. But you could hear their taunting shouts and it was enough to scare you shitless.

"(Y/n), wait." Louis said and halted.

"We need to go hide!" You stressed him.

"I know. It's just..." He paused. "There's no guarantee that we survive tonight, and I know I'll regret it if I don't do this."

You didn't get to ask what he was going to do though.

He put his hand under your jaw and tilted your head slightly upwards before leaning in. It all went so fast that you didn't realize what was happening before you felt his lips on yours.

Fireworks exploded in you chest. Fairies and pegasuses danced around in your stomach. There was no better way to explain it. You felt blood rush up into your cheeks as you flushed a bright red color.

It was quick, but nothing more was necessary. It was all you needed to know for sure, and you couldn't even deny it anymore.

You had fallen for Louis. Hard.

And now you knew that he was on the same page.

"Let's go." Louis said after breaking the kiss. He took you by the hand and together you sprinted towards the dorms. You hid behind the brick wall that you had been seated on top of, peacefully reading, just hours ago.

Violet and AJ were already there, and you hoped that everyone else had also found somewhere safe to hide.

You could hear the raiders jeer at you, especially Clementine. You remebered Violet saying something about Clementine having history with one of them.

The raiders threw something over the gate, and it resulted in the rubble cathcing fire, and it was enough for the them to get the gate open and make their way inside the school grounds. You made yourself as small as possible behind the wall, fearing someone would spot you.

"Where's our new recruits?" You heard a vile female voice ask.

"They're not yours!" Clementine shouted back at her.

"Search the yard."

The words made you break out in a sweat, and it felt like your heart was going to tear out of your body. You had never been this anxious before.

Clementine kept talking to the raider woman, purposefully riling her up.

"Minnie wanted to come along tonight. To tell you how well she's adjusted to our life. How happy she is." The woman loudly announced. She knew there were people listening, and was now trying to win someone over by using Minnie as bait. "She said she had a girlfriend here."

Violet's eyes widened as she stared at the ground.

"Friends she missed. One guy, he could always make her laugh, no matter what." The woman continued. You could feel Louis tense up next to you. You wanted to say something, but you had to settle with just putting your hand on top of his. "And her little brother. She missed him the most."