DJ x Lemon

Requested by acidjelly

"Lemon?"

"Lemon!! Come on!!"

From within the deep dark depths of the shadows within Lemon's room a groan emitted from it as he turned up his music to tune out Orange's calling for him. He closed his eyes and sunk into his mess of blankets and hid his face into it. A small smile formed on his face as his favorite part of the song slowly approached. It was then he heard loud knocking and a door being opened. Light flooded the room suddenly, almost making Lemon hiss at the sudden exposure to light. 

"Lemon Come on! I thought you were the one who wanted to go to DJ's concert! Wow, it's so dark in here.. do you turn on any lights? Open this window it's such a beautiful day outside!"

Lemon groaned and hid completely under the covers as Orange opened the dusty curtains of Lemon's window, letting in bright and warm sunlight. Lemon groaned again and mumbled from beneath the covers

"Orange stoopp... also what are you talking about..?"

Orange grabbed the covers and pulled them off of Lemon which made him hiss in an emo leave me alone kind of way.

"You were the one who wanted to go to DJ's party! Well, that doesn't mean I didn't want to too, BUT, you looked super excited about it! You never go to parties! Let alone the fact that you don't like being in public! And I'm almost 200% sure you liiike them!"

Lemon became increasingly flustered, his face became the lightest tint of pink and static started to build around him, something that Orange immediately noticed. Her eyes seemed to have little stars in them as she squealed which made Lemon move back from her.

"YOU LIKE THEM!! AAAHH!!!"

Lemon covered his ears (cooky ears?)  and sat up giving Orange the most deadpan look he often had all the time.

"I don't... 'like' them okay? I just like their music.. they have good taste..and besides the party isn't until 6 Orange, we still have time."

Orange stared at Lemon for a few seconds. 

"Lemon. It IS 6."

"...What?"

Orange could hear Lemon's internal screaming. She slowly just dragged Lemon out of the room and into the car to drive off to the party.

. . . .

After a really loud and crowded party where Lemon sat in the corner, staring at DJ in silent admiration the whole time some casual music started to play as everyone just got together in their little groups to talk the night away. Lemon got up and looked around to look for Orange or Lime. Once he did catch sight of Orange he could see her excitedly talking to... DJ. Lemon felt the smallest bit of jealousy but It's fine. It's not like they're talking about him or anything. Oh, wait. She's pointing at him. Oh oh no. Lemon immediately looked away as soon as DJ turned their head to look at him. 

"Dammit Orange..."

After a few minutes of silent tension and internal hoping that DJ wouldn't pay him any attention. he turned around with a newfound hint of confidence and lo and behold he came face to face with the musical cookie themself. It took so much effort for him to not accidentally shock DJ in the time that he turned. DJ's visors lit up with an illuminated set of eyes and waved at Lemon.

"Hey.. you're Lemon right?"

Everything stopped as soon as DJ spoke those words to him.  Lemon stared at DJ with wide eyes for about a good two minutes until he noticed that they were starting to get uncomfortable. Quickly gaining back his dead face look he slowly nodded.

"Yeah.. why do you ask?"

DJ smiled a little and laughed to themself to bring themselves back from that long and awkward silence.

"Oh! Okay, good. So..."

Lemon tilted his head to the side, trying not to look too ridiculous but at the same time looking cool. Did he look ridiculous? I mean.. the hair gel was a little bit.. and maybe the leather jacket... was... there wasn't anything on his face was there?-

Something was immediately shoved into his face. Lemon leaned backward and held onto the thing that was being pressed against his face. He removed it and read what seemed like a tiny card. DJ blushed and rubbed the back of their head nervously.

"So... your friend told me how much you liked my music.."

".. she did what-"

Lemon died internally for allowing him to say that. DJ laughed a little and placed their hand on Lemon's shoulder.

"No harm done Lemon! Orange told me about how much you like my music.. and actually.. it's pretty sweet."

Lemon blushed a little at this because he practically listened to DJ's music wherever he went, oh god the things that Orange could spill. He quickly covered this by raising his eyebrow while trying to keep the most emotionless face he could have. Since he was never normally flustered this was going to be extremely difficult. 

"Oh um... thanks I guess.." 

Come on Lemon, you can do it, say something.

"I uh.. really like your music it's really good..."

DJ's visor blinked and turned on to display little colorful neon lights.

"Thanks Lem! I can call you Lem right? Are you annoyed by that?"

Lemon thought to himself for a minute, he honestly liked the fact that DJ did call him that. It made him feel a strange fuzzy and warm feeling inside. He slowly shook his head. DJ nodded and grinned at Lemon. 

"Well, I think you're really cool!  So when you do come to that concert, drop by backstage so we can talk more! I'd really love to know more about you!"

Lemon was about to question DJ before some other cookie called them over to discuss something; so there he was, left flustered, surprised and shocked in the corner of a now settling down party. Neon warm lights still lit up the room in the darkness of light as Lemon looked down to finally see what DJ had shoved in his face earlier. It was a backstage pass for one of DJ's concert. 

. . . . 

A few minutes later Lemon was in a car, blushing profusely and refusing to look at anyone else. Orange, who was very curious had managed to steal the card from Lemon and looked at what made him so flustered. The moment she saw DJ's number she immediately screamed it out, notifying everyone in the car who Lemon's little idol and crush was.