𝗣𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗼 𝘅 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗖𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗼

Requested by Dark-Harvet

 Pistachio's footsteps echoed through the empty and dark hallways of the castle, only occasionally stopping to catch up with her breathing. Despite her wounds from one of the most difficult and dangerous battles prior, hurting immensely, she kept on going. The battle between who you may ask? The battle between. It had been ages since she had seen them. She wanted to know what had happened to them. 

Quickly she headed out of the castle to the royal garden. Pistachio stopped once again to catch up with her breath, letting the chilling wind of the night calm her senses.

What happened to one of the most prestigious and honorable knights in the kingdom? What happened to the person that used to train with her and knight? Pistachio sighed loudly.

"Dark.."

Pistachio quickly pushed all those thoughts away once she caught sight of the dark-haired knight sitting down only a few feet away from them. For a few minutes she stood silently, not knowing what to do before slowly walking up to them and sitting down next to them. Dark Choco was lost in their thoughts, as they usually were as they stared at a flower with their one eye that hadn't been scarred from the battle and turmoil they had been through. 

"Dark Choco... Greetings.." 

Their eye went wide as a soft yet strong and dignified voice spoke out to them. Dark Choco's ruby red eye quickly turned around to meet strong and vibrant green ones. Pistachio had seated herself right besides them, her spear on the floor and her eyes.. looking so worried.. were they worried for them..? 

"Pistachio..." they didn't know what to say. 

They had been under the swords influence for so long that it was hard to believe that they weren't struggling against their own mind. It was so hard to believe that the person they've known so long and grown up with, the person that they'd train with for long nights and days, the person who always encouraged them, was right in front of them again. 

Pistachio looked sternly into the other's one eye before immediately hugging them tightly. Her friend was okay. The person she cared for was here and in her arms. 

"Oh.. Dark Choco.. what happened.. oh.. heavens of lord above.. you're okay.." Dark Choco slowly wrapped their arm around Pistachio gently in fear that they could potentially hurt her. Pistachio whispered with a shaky voice. 

"I couldn't protect you.. I couldn't protect you from the darkness.. I'm sorry.. I've failed.." 

"You did not fail Pistachio.." For the first time in years Pistachio heard their voice, once confident became tired and weak. She tightened her hold on them. 

"You mean so much to me Dark.. I swore to protect the ones I held dear but.. you were one of the most important to me.. I apologize.." 

Tears had started to form in Pistachio's eyes without her noticing and before she could even catch herself she had slowly began to start sniffling silently. Dark Choco quickly took notice of this and took a deep breath and pulled Pistachio in front of them to look into her eyes. 

"You have nothing to apologize for Pistachio..  I let myself be touched by the darkness and I started a fight in my very own mind and body. Despite that... all those times where I refused to listen... where I refused to completely give in.." 

Pistachio looked at Dark Choco, mostly confused however she didn't interrupt. 

"I just had to think of you. The way you want to protect everything, the way you stay strong in the face of evil.  I.. admired you for so many years.. and in a way.. you protected me for so long... Don't blame yourself. I'm still here, and it's all thanks to you." 

Dark Choco took a shaky breath, they didn't know what to say anymore. Their mind had gone completely blank. They were so nervous they had forgotten what they were going to say. Pistachio blinked away her tears and shook her head. It took a minute for her to compose herself but once she did she hugged Dark Choco even tighter, the strength from her hug squeezing the breath out of the other. 

"Dark Choco, you have always had such a big heart.. thank you." 

Pistachio smiled and leaned forward. She placed a very gentle kiss over the knight's cheek and gently ruffled his hair to which the taller knight reacted to by closing his eye. 

"I am glad to know that somewhere down there is the strong and mushy knight I've grown to appreciate." Dark Choco's face turned to a shade of red as he looked away from Pistachio.  She let out a small laugh and leaned on them. Dark Choco's features slowly softened as they started to relax with Pistachio wrapped securely in their arms. Pistachio let out a small sigh as she looked down at her hands, now placed gently on Dark Choco's. 

"I missed you so much." Dark Choco slowly leaned on Pistachio and nodded. 

"I missed you too my dear."