ᴄʜᴇʀʀʏ x ɢᴜᴍʙᴀʟʟ

Requested by 

A pink gumball flew through the air at maximum speed, exploding into a burst of color as it hit straight into the wall. Gumball released a sigh of relief and grinned as he saw his now completed and beautiful masterpiece on the building wall. A building wall which he had no affiliation with. A wall that he probably wasn't allowed to do his art on. After standing still and admiring his work for a few minutes Gumball readjusted his gumball cannon to sit in a more comfortable position on his back.

"There! Perfect. Look at that! It's the greatest masterpiece I've ever-"

Gumball was then interrupted by his own self-doubts as he noticed a little bit of a lack of color in one area.

"Come on... how could I not see that..."

Frustrated at himself and frowning he set up his cannon and pulled the trigger, releasing a blue gumball through the air As Gumball readjusted his cannon to look at his masterpiece in its entirety to see it's completed and wonderful glory but before he could a loud voice got to him before his thoughts could. A girl who was dressed up in attire he can only describe as if red riding hood's clothes ran up to him and smiled. It wasn't a particularly pure smile it was more of an 'I know what you did smile'. She was also carrying what he could only describe as oversized cherries. Gumball got down from the podium he was standing on and realized that... Wow, he was really short. The girl ran up to him and said in the loudest and enthusiastic voice.

"That. WAS. AWESOME! My name's Cherry!! What's your name?? Did you do that?!"

His yellow eyes widened as soon as he heard the girl's question. This girl had to be one of the most energetic and enthusiastic people he had ever met, at the same time though He shouldn't have been surprised, he was a master of his art and most people around his age in the kingdom were energetic. He also really should've been relieved that the girl wasn't the police. Gumball grinned at Cherry and stated proudly.

"Uh... So first... It's nice to meet you Cherry, second, my name is Gumball and third, You betcha! It's a wonderful masterpiece huh?" Gumball looked over to the wall with a proud look on his face while Cherry turned to look at the wall Gumball was staring at. She tilted her head, her light pink pigtails moving along.

"You mean that mess of colors over there?"

Gumball stood there in silence before looking at Cherry with not really an emotion on his face.

"What."

Cherry looked back at Gumball innocent pink eyes as if she didn't just insult Gumball's hard work. She then held the cherries closer to her and excitedly exclaimed

"I was talking about that explosion you made!! That was so cool! Do you wanna hang out and blow things up together sometime?? Here watch!!"

Cherry moved down and seemed like she was preparing for something while Gumball watched in confusion and slight annoyance that she only saw his masterpiece for the explosion part of it. She threw the oversized cherries into the air with the most happiest expression he had ever seen anyone have. It was, actually really heartwarming to see. Gumball instinctively held his hand up to his chest and stared at Cherry

"What is this.."

He was immediately snapped out of his mindset as he soon realized that the cherries were actually... EXPLOSIVE. The cherry bombs exploded, leaving Gumball in the middle of what seemed like a heart attack and Cherry happily reveling in the happiness the explosion brought her. After Cherry was done she stared at Gumball for a few minutes and walked up to him to poke him.

"Gumball? Hey Gumball! Wasn't that FUN??"

Gumball stared at Cherry in shock before finally stuttering out an answer.

"T-THAT WAS TERRIFYING"

"I know!!"

"I COULD'VE GOTTEN KILLED"

"That's the fun of it dum dum!!"

"THAT COULD HAVE BLOWN UP THE CITY!" '

Cherry smiled and nodded excitedly.

"Thanks for all the compliments Gumball!!"

Gumball looked at Cherry in disbelief but the more he seemed to look at her the more nervous he became so he quickly said something to distract himself.

"And by the way, that 'mess of colors' over there is my hard work and art piece! It's not just 'boom boom' it's ART!" Gumball crossed his arms across his chest while Cherry pouted which for some reason seemed to make his heart drop in his chest.

"Hmph... it's still a good explosion though... You need to lighten up more!"

Cherry's pout immediately went back to a smile and she gently booped Gumball's nose. Gumball, completely embarrassed by this was left stuttering and blushing.

"W-wait! What makes you think you can just do that..!" Cherry shushed Gumball who was just confused and flustered at this point.

"Shh... I think I need to go before my sister catches me! I'll see you later okay Gumball!"

Before Gumball knew it Cherry was running off and looked back once to smile at him and wave goodbye. As Cherry ran out of his range of sight he slowly fell to the ground, confused at the events that had just occurred. His face was slowly coming down from the blush he had earlier and his eyes lingered where he had last seen the girl who scared him half to death and caused him to have a feeling in his heart that was in no way familiar to him.

"... what the hell just happened."