The Concert Incident - Part 1

Guys! I just updated my new book, The Race For Your Heart, go read!

 :-:-:-:

Estell's Pov

The next few days with Tina and Violet were pretty rough. Violet had to go in for daily Doctor's appointments so they could check on how her stitches were, and making sure the cut didn't get infected. Violet's concussion had taken a big toll on her energy level, and she was getting constant headaches. It had been exactly one week since the accident, and I had been given the news that my Mum wasn't doing too well. She was slowly starting to die while she was in a coma.

We were moving into our own flat. Tina, Vi, and me. It was in the same building as Tina and her Dad's flat. It was smaller, and a little dated, but it's what we could afford. Tina had gotten a job at a Diner just down the road. Between selling my old flat for savings, and Tina's job, we could afford the place and still have a little money left over for clothes, food, electricity etc. But the biggest thing for me today was the concert tonight. Tina and I were going to the concert and her dad Ben was looking after Vi.

The concert was at 6:30pm ant it was just 4:00 now. I decided to start getting ready now.

I walked into the loo and stripped off my clothes and hopped into the shower. I turned on the water as hot as I wanted and stood there, letting the hot water droplets soothe my tired body.

I had just awoken from a two hour nap and I was still a bit groggy. I spashed my face with the warm water to help wake me up a bit before I shampooed and condition my hair, and lathered my body in in my lemon body wash. I did one final rinse and hoped out of the shower, turning it off in the process.

I quickly towel dried my hair a bit so it wasn't dripping, and wrapped a towel around my torso. I waltzed back into my room, feeling fresh and clean. The shower had woken me up so I was no longer sleepy from my nap.

I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out my outfit for the concert: My white denim high waisted short-shorts, a loose brown halter top, a skinny brown belt, and my strappy brown wedges. I walked over to my chest of drawers and pulled out a black bra, and white panties. I dried my self the rest of the way off and put my clothes on, tucking in the bottom of the shirt, and having the rest of its long length slightly spill over the top of my shorts.

My hair was still damp, so I walked back into the loo and blow dried my hair until it was dry.

When I was done with the blow dryer, I neatly pulled all of my hair to fall over my right shoulder, and pinned it in place, then I plugged in my curling iron. When it was heated, I slowly started to reconstruct my blond ringlets. When I was done, I placed a sparkly silver hair pin at the front of my head where a piece of hair always fell in front of my face.

After, I started to do my makeup. I put on foundation, and then powder, I added just a titch of light rose blush. I put on brown eye shadow on my eye lid, and then let it fade into a tiny bit of my  tan eye shadow at the top. then I lined my eyes with black liquid liner, and five strokes of mascarra to each eye. I put on a layer of rose lip gloss and put in my golden brown dangles. I put on one coat of clear, shiny nail polish on each hand, and sat down on the toilet seat to let them dry. 

Five minutes later my nails were dry enough to pick things up without wrecking them. That's when I noticed the time - 6:15pm. Whoa, It took me that long?

I texted Tina that I was just leaving now and that I would meet her in the lobby at the concert. I grabbed my keys, my phone, and my wallet, along with my sunglasses, a white cardigan, and the lip gloss I was wearing, and stuffed them into my white purse, and slung it over my shoulder. I made my way out the door, locking it behind me, and down the hallway to the lift. I got in and pressed the button that would take me to the ground floor. I pushed the door open, feeling the cool Doncaster air on my face, and began the short walk to the concert arena.