Chapter 2: '00:03'

So Chapter 2! I'm on a roll ;) You may need some tissues... :'(

:-:-:-:

Estell's Pov

I literally dropped the phone when Violet had told me the news. I put a hand over my mouth as tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to spill over as what the young girl had told me started to sink in. This cannot be happening.

Tina was almost jumping out of her seat and she immediately picked my phone back up and brought me into a hug, while she started to talk to my little sister.

No words that could have ever come out of the little speaker on my phone could be any worse. My mummy is slowly starting to die.

Five minutes later, we were on the bus, on our way to the hospital.

:-:-:-:

1 HOUR  EARLIER

Violet's Pov

I was at football practice, my mum was on the sidelines watching me as I dribbled the football around the cones, following my other team mates.

As soon as practice was over, mum took me to the concession to get some water.

I heard a few loud ticks, and my eyes landed on an emptied card-board box. It sounded like the noise was coming from there.

"Mum, come here." I motioned for her to follow me. I slowly opened the box to see what was in there.

I was very confused when I saw a large box-shaped machine with a little clock that said '00:03' on it and a lot of wires were coming out from it.

I saw Mum's eyes widen as she shoved me away from it and turned around yelling "Run!"

The next thing I remember is being put into ambulance, screaming for my mum.

:-:-:-:

Tina's Pov

I guess you could say she was an emotional wreck, but that would be an understatement.

I was extremely worried, but I had to stay calm, as I think I'm the only one who was still trying to hang on to sanity.

My Dad had come from work and met us here to come and get things sorted out too. As we entered Stell and Vi's mum Amber, and Violet's room I knew I wasn't going to be able to hold back the tears.

Amber was the closest thing I had to a mum, my parents divorced when I was little and I haven't heard from my mum in years. So seeing her body so cold and motionless, just ripped my heart out.

"Sorry Stell, Dad. Just need to take a quick trip to the loo."

"Okay," Stell had a tear choked voice, and I knew I couldn't cry in front of her, it would make her even more sad. Even my dad looked like he was about to break.

I  quickly left the room before a single tear fell from my tired eyes.

I made my way down the long corridor, each room having its own miserable weeps, or a steady beep accompanied by several 'I love you's' and hopeful words.

Eventually, I found the loo, each tear stinging my cheek as it rolled down from my eye. Oh Lord, I looked like crap. My mascara was running and the tears had made straight lines through my makeup, marking the path they fell.

I finally decided on just washing my face off. There was no point in trying to fix my makeup, it was far beyond the point where I could  just dab the smudged spots.

Estell's Pov

As soon as Tina had left the room, I immediately ran to Vi's bed. She had a large cut down the side of her face that was very swollen and was stitched up.

"Vi!" I said worriedly, more tears coming to my eyes at the sight of my baby sister's face. She sniffed a few times looking into my eyes.

"You said you were fine, this is not fine!"

"I'll be ok," She choked out, some silent tears rolling down her puffy cheeks.

"Yes, she will... I am assuming you are Estell?" I jumped at the sound of a woman's voice.

"Yes."  I managed to say. "Who are you, and what happened to my sister?" I spat.

"My name is Dr. Williams, your mother and sister's doctor. We are under the impression that there was an explosion at the scene. Your mother and sister were lucky, and got far enough away before the bomb went off, there are some people who lost their lives."

"Your kidding right? This is Doncaster, no one one cruel enough to bomb a children's football pitch lives here."

"You'd be surprised at how cruel some human being are to each other." She said calmly with a knowing look.

"Well then, how is my mum doing?" I said sadly, tearing up again. I knew her condition was much more serious.

"Estell, I am afraid your mother got the worst of the two in the accident. It is too early for us to determine whether she is in a coma or not , but there is a very good chance she is. She has many burns and cuts that need to be tended to, but I would like to chat sometime, maybe over coffee? "

I froze not knowing how to react, I just stood there for a few seconds before breaking out into loud sobs.

Dr. Williams reacted well to the situation, she just calmly walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my torso. She rubbed my back in soft slow circles.

"I know honey, but, I promise with all my heart, I will do my absolute best to make sure that you leave this hospital with your family. Whether it be in a few days or a few months, you will."

"Thank you." I said sniffing with a shaky breath.

A few minutes later Tina walked back in with tear stained cheeks and a sad smile.

"Ready to go, we can come back to visit tomorrow if you'd like?" 

I just nodded, whispering thanks to Dr. Williams and headed out, Violet had already fallen asleep anyway.

:-:-:-:                 

The next morning I woke up on the couch next to Tina. The only thing I could think was 'What if this was all just a nightmare?'  It was an extremely realistic one if it was.

Just to make sure I checked all over the house checking my room last. To my surprise my radio was still on the exact same station as yesterday, the one with the contest. By what the lady was saying, they were about to announce the winner of the contest. I just groaned.

:-:-:-:

And there we have it. Poor Amber and Violet. Poor Stelly, I know this was a depressing chapter. I didn't want them to be so badly injured, but, to make an ok-hopefully-good book, I had to :( Comment to get a dedication!

~Rosemarie <3