Sixth Cup

The afternoon continued on for Chase and Serenity. Chase finished up his paperwork and headed home around 3. He wanted to clean up and make sure he had everything for dinner. As well as stopping by the pet store to get supplies for Mocha, who rode shotgun with her head out the window, sniffing the Chicago air. Serenity's afternoon was busy but slowed as closing time approached. Lily and Amaya insisted she leave early to get ready. And they pushed her out the door without a second thought. She was nervous, wondering what they were going to do on their date, but she was also very excited to see the puppy he got.

Making her way home, she decided to just ask him, so she knew what to wear. He didn't exactly tell her, but just said to be comfortable. So, she showered again and dressed back in her jeans and a black shirt with the tree of life that faded into black. This was her first date in quite a while. She wasn't sure what to expect. Chase made her really comfortable, but she didn't know what kind of relationship he was looking for. She wanted something long term. But her terms were a deal breaker.

Pulling her hair back into a ponytail, she grabbed her bag and made sure she had what she needed. Promptly at 5:00, a knock sounded on her door. Jumping off the couch and swinging the door open, "Hey!" She beamed up at the handsome cop dressed in tight blue jeans and a dark grey t-shirt with a leather jacket. Stand over 6 foot, he towered over her. Her eyes lit up when she saw the fluffy puppy pawing her way towards her on a pink leash. Squealing overly loudly, Serenity squat down to snuggle the bouncy pup. "She's so soft!!!" Mocha licked her face and her little tail was going a mile a minute.

Chase watched her and Mocha bond quickly, "She's my new K-9 unit. She will soon start her training as an explosive and drug sniffer. She's got a lot of spunk and eagerness to learn." They both stood back up and Serenity grabbed her keys from the table next to the door, closing it shut behind her.

"Welp, I'm ready when you are! What's the plan?" She cocked her head to the side. She didn't care what they did, she was just happy they were finally spending time together outside of her work.

Chase smiled softly, "I figured I would make us dinner, and rent a movie." He rubbed his head nervously, "Cheesy I know...but I know you must be exhausted being up early as Hell." He offered her an arm, to lead her to his car, "It'd be quiet and relaxing, and we would have a better chance to just sit and get to know each other better." He was blushing a bit.

Serenity's heart skipped a beat as she took his arm. He was so thoughtful. "Not cheesy! I think that sounds like a wonderful night." She smiled sheepishly. She was very tired, but she didn't want to wait another moment.

Together they walked out of the complex to his car. Being a gentleman, he opened the door for her, and without a second thought, she picked up Mocha and put her on her lap. Sliding in the driver side and he revved up the engine. Slipknot played on the radio and Serenity immediately got even happier, "I love Slipknot!" She smiled, he had almost changed it but stopped after her comment. She hadn't mentioned her like for it until now. That made him happy.

"My kind of girl. You have good taste in music." he winked at her as he pulled out of the parking lot onto a busy street. "So, for dinner, I was going to make baked chicken breasts. I remember you said you liked broccoli." He kept his eyes on the road, "What kinds of movies do you prefer. Your pick." He smiled.

Mocha had curled up in a ball on her lap, almost like a little space heater, "I'm good with anything really, I am a hopeless romantic, so I get caught watching those. Or comedy." she glanced his way, noting his chuckle, "But I don't care so much for extreme actions, they are just so hard to follow. And explosions every 5 minutes." she shrugged. "Marvel is okay though, that's different."

It was silent for a moment with only the music playing and Serenity worked up the nerve to ask him why he asked her out. "Why I wanted a date?" Chase looked over at her as he stopped at a light. "Well...for one you gave me your number." He winked playfully and she blushed, "But honestly...you're different than most women I have met. There is something soft and innocent about you, and your genuine smile. You just seem to always have it around everyone you meet. It's infectious." his grip on the steering wheel tightened, "First time I saw you...I knew I had to talk to you and get to know you..." Rubbing his hand over his face in embarrassment he sighed, "Jesus that was cheesy as fuck..." his face flushed with crimson red. Here he was this tough cop, blushing over a girl like a horny teenager.

Serenity blinked, dumbfounded. She was at a loss for words, and her face flushed as well. "I...um...no one has ever said that about me before...I'm nothing special." she laughed nervously. She noticed something cloud over his eyes. He was mad at that comment. "Um..." her eyes darted away.

"You're great..." He spoke softly, "Honestly, you're unlike anyone I've met." Not meeting her eyes, he ran a hand over his hair. "Kinda hard to explain...like...you're shy but bubbly...yet you listen to heavy metal." he motioned to the radio and smiled "You're sweet...and very cute."

"Cute?" She blinked, "I'm dark, and brutal, and filled with hatred!" she quoted her favorite Metalocolypes meme. They both burst into a fit of laughter. She laughed so hard she snorted, which made him laugh even harder. Playfully punching his arm and sticking out her tongue, she turned up the volume to her favorite Slipknot song, Sulfur, "So I'm safe, but I'm a little outside. I'm gonna laugh when I'm buried alive." she sang, doing a little happy dance. Chase couldn't help but smile, she really was adorable.

~*edited*~