Eighth Cup

Finally stepping into his apartment, Chase let out the breath he had been holding, "I...am so sorry." He had no idea that would happen. But he didn't get the terrified reaction he was expecting. Instead, she was trying to hide her enormous smile and still blushing face. His stomach fluttered, her smile was so innocent and genuine. Clearing his throat, he kicked off his shoes and made his way inward. "So this is it...the bathroom is the door on the left, and my room is just down the hall." They made their way to the living room.

The apartment was minimally decorated. He had all black furniture; couch, glass coffee table, chairs and end table with lamps. The hardwood floor had a simple grey rug spread out. His TV set was impressive. 55' with several game consoles and surround sound. A large sliding door went out to a balcony and a small grill on the side. The kitchen was all upgraded appliances and a small bar that sat two. A square dining table sat by a window overlooking the street. In a corner next to the sliding door a large fluffy dog bed and bowls were laid out for Mocha, who had already made herself at home.

"I think it's very nice!" Serenity awed, her apartment wasn't nearly this nice. After struggling with her shoes, she strode over to the bar and sat down, watching him bustle around the kitchen, "Want some help?"

Pulling out a baking pan, he turned back to her, "Not tonight. You relax, let me take care of everything." Setting down the pan near the stove he continued, "How about a drink? I have soda, water, wine, and I think a few beers."

Serenity rested her chin on her hand, watching him, "Just a soda...not much of an alcohol person." She really wasn't, it just didn't appeal to her. Chase smiled and grabbed her drink. They continued to make small talk as he prepared their meal. Serenity soaked in every ounce of his muscular body. Watching the muscles move about made her mouth water more than the smell of food did. The man was gorgeous, and why he was with her she just couldn't understand. But she wasn't going to ask questions.

They talked about concerts they had gone to, many of which they were at, at the same time. Serenity slipped and mentioned going to Comicon recently, but to her surprise, he enjoyed hearing about it. Thus, bringing up the topic of video games.

Chase didn't seem it, but he was an avid gamer. Mostly first-person shooters. Recently he had tried Persona 5, thanks to her recommendation.

As dinner baked, Chase had taken the spot next to her at the bar. He learned a lot about her in that short amount of time, and vice versa. Despite their many common likes and dislikes, they still disagreed on some things, as most couples did. He froze a moment at the thought. Did he really think of them as a couple? While he hadn't asked her to be, he was definitely planning to the more they talked.

"-and that's why goats are EVIL!" She continued to say when the oven dinged, signaling dinner was ready.

Laughing as he got up to plate the food, he shook his head, "But goats are cute!!" The look of horror on her face made him laugh even more.

"NO! They are evil!!" she puffed out her cheeks like a blowfish. "Aren't you afraid of something?" she asked, slightly mad that he was laughing at her fear of goats.

"Fine, fine. I'm sorry..." He held his hands up in surrender, "I'm afraid of heights." he admitted. "I hate flying and tall buildings." Ever since 9/11 happened he never liked getting on planes or going in skyscrapers.

Serenity didn't laugh but smiled softly, "I understand...but you work in such a dangerous field...I didn't think something like that would frighten you."

Shrugging he wasn't sure himself, "I dunno, we were kids when 9/11 happened and it just kind of stuck with me all these years. I still go into buildings and fly, but I try not to look outside." He laughed slightly.

Chase placed a steaming plate of food in front of her, "I hope you like." He sat beside her and began to eat.

Serenity's eyes swooned as she tried the first bite. She loved to eat, especially chicken or anything with BBQ sauce. So, this was one of her favorites. Not realizing it, she ate everything faster than he did. He was a bit shocked. Most women ate like birds on a date, but not her.

Chase watched her let out a soft moan as she finished, her face full of contentment. The woman loved his cooking, even a simple meal like chicken. He had almost been worried a home meal might be too cheesy or cheap. But she seemed to really enjoy it, so he was thankful he chose right.

"That...was...AMAZING!" She awed at him as she took her plate over to the sink and washed it off, "One of my favorite foods!" she chimed happily.

Biting his lip at how cute she was, and how comfortable she was around him, he joined her at the sink. "Glad to hear it." They wiped their wet hand and Chase led her over to the couch. Flipping on the TV he plopped down, patting the spot beside him. She hesitated a moment then sat beside him. She sat close but not too close.

Chase opened up Netflix and began to scroll through the endless movies. "If anything catches your eye just let me know. He had seen all the movies he was interested in. So, he was curious to see what she chose. He came to the romantic comedies.

"Oh! what's that one?" she stopped him at the movie called, 'The Kissing Booth' it was a recent Netflix original. "I've never seen this one before." The preview intrigued her: A girl falls for her best friend's brother, who is Mr. Popular and 100% off limits. Serenity looked over at him with hopeful eyes.

Chuckling sinfully, he turned the movie on for her. As he set the remote on the coffee table be slyly slipped closer to her. She didn't seem to notice at first. The movie was very interesting, and he enjoyed it. It made him happy to see her so into the movie, even if she was still a bit tense. About an hour in he finally got the balls to put his arm around her. The action startled her at first, but it caused her to relax more and melt against his warm body. Noticing her skin was chilly he pulled the throw blanket around them to keep her warm. She felt amazing pressed against him. Her skin was soft, and her hair smelled like wildflowers. The girl was driving him wild and she had no idea she was even doing it.

Chase trailed soft lines up and down her arm, causing her to snuggle even closer. He couldn't help but smile when she let out a dreamy sigh. The big kissing booth scene came up and he noticed she became a little antsy. Did she want him to kiss her? She was still watching the movie, but when she bit her lip something in him churned. Clenching his teeth, he twisted to sit up. "Serenity...I" the words died as he stared into her bright blue eyes. She ducked down in embarrassment.

"Chase wait..." she looked up finally, twisting the blanket, "There's something I need to tell you...it's kind of a deal breaker." He looked at her with concern and confusion, his hands came to rest upon hers. She took a deep breath...

~*edited*~