First Cup

~*Okie Dokie ya'll, First part!!! I'm really excited, and terrified!!! I really, really hope you guys enjoy reading this, as much as I had writing it! On another note...I know nothing about cops...or EOD except what my husband has told me when he was in the Army...so...yea...ENJOY!!

ps...my characters blush a lot...

The fella in the pic is how I imagine Chase looking.~*

Serenity's story...

Early spring in Chicago seemed to cause people to flood into the cramped café. Every morning people got up early to try and beat the crowd, only to realize they were still not early enough. Despite the 20-degree chill that swept through the city, they still lined up at 5:00 sharp for the sweet smell that would creep out of the locked doors.

Today was no different for Serenity, as she popped open the lock and held the door open for the first lucky guests. Her blonde hair was tied neatly out of her face. For now. She wore a bright smile to greet everyone who came in. She defined bright eyed and bushy tailed. While not everyone could reciprocate her happy-go-lucky attitude first thing in the morning, even the grumpiest guest seemed a little softer after a steaming cup of coffee or one of the fluffy pastries.

As the morning slowed and everyone shuffled their way to their jobs, a trio of young men entered the shop. Two dressed in police uniforms and the other dressed in a pair of plain black cargo pants and boots, and black shirt. They were all laughing and in good spirits as they arrived at the order counter.

"Mornin' fellas, what can I do for ya'll?" Serenity smiled brightly; her blue eyes glittered. She hadn't always lived in Illinois; she was from southern Virginia. Thus, she had a slight accent that never seemed to leave and stuck out in the city. Standing at 5'2" all three of the men towered above her, ranging from 6 to 6'2".

"Morning, I'll just have a black coffee." The first uniformed man spoke. He was the tallest with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.

The second in uniform stepped up beside his friend and looked up from his cell phone. Candy Crush sounding from the small speaker, "Make it double for me, Miss!" He smiled happily then turned to the last guy "Chase, whatcha want, man? My treat!" his bright blue eyes twinkled with humor as he pushed Chase to the counter.

Chase let out a small sigh and laughed, "I told you I was gonna pay this time."

Serenity tipped her head slightly to the side, eyeing the third guy curiously. He also had short brown hair, and his eyes were very dark, almost blackish-blue. He was well built as if he worked out on a regular basis. As the three argued playfully about who would pay, Serenity's eyes locked with his. Feeling her heart skip a beat, she wasn't sure where it came from, but it made her a bit nervous.

"FINE ELLIOT! Jeez, you win this round. But tomorrow I am paying!" Chase said finally, "Zane's getting lunch this time though." He smirked as he saw a deep red creep over Serenity's cheeks. This was their first time coming to this shop. A few of their co-workers had raved about it. "Since he is paying, I'll take a coffee as well, just sugar," Chase said smoothly, taking in the sight of the curvy blonde.

Serenity swallowed the lump in her throat and punched in a few buttons on the small kiosk. Meanwhile, Lily and Amaya were both peeking around the door and saw the interesting exchange. Lily smirked deviously, "Did you see the way he looked at her!"

Amaya let out a small squeal and nodded gleefully. Eyeing the two in uniform, "They are all hot!" Wiping her hands on her apron she made her way to the front to see if Serenity needed help. Lily, on the other hand, rolled her eyes, she had a boyfriend. It didn't feel right to oogle someone else. No matter how attractive he was.

Chase and the guys sat down at an empty table near the large window looking out to the busy street. He chose the opposite side so he could see the front counter. Watching Serenity move about to the tune of Pink Floyd's Money on the radio he was able to get a better view of her. He noticed how long her hair actually was, almost past her lower back. She wore a faded Pink Floyd shirt and a pair of blue jeans that complimented her curves. Chase let his mind wander. Unsure why he was thinking this way about a woman he just met.

"Earth to Chase, the fuck you spacing out for?" Elliot snapped his fingers in Chase's face to get his attention. Zane snickered and nudged his friend, jerking his head in the direction of Serenity as she carried out their drinks. Elliot and Zane began to crack up and Chase glared at them both.

"Alrighty, 2 black coffees," She settled the first two drinks down, "And one with sugar." As she set the mug down, Chase purposefully reached for it, letting his fingers brush against hers. Heat rose up to her face once again, "E-enjoy!!" Stammering, Serenity shuffled to get away and hid in the back.

Chase smirked and took a sip of his coffee, "She is cute." At that moment, he decided he was going to come here more often. 

~*Edited*~