The Unfairness of Sexism

All women know by now that the media and the public are harsher on us with questions and remarks like, "What is she wearing?" "She is fat!" "Who does she think she is!" and so on.

     This has been going on for generations. It's like nothing we do is good enough. People are always complaining. Men think that this is a man's world, and we women are just living in it. Don't get me wrong, not all men are like that, but many are. The media sure is. 

  Remember when Hillary Clinton was running for president, there was a lot of sexism. Certain things people talked about, they wouldn't have used that language if she were a man.

     Women are the backbone of this country. Taking care of the kids, cooking the dinner, keeping the house clean, and holding the family together.

     Now, more and more women are going into the workforce and furthering their education. Women shouldn't let others dictate their lives. The media is doing a good job of that-always bringing out the latest makeup, wardrobes, trends. 

    Tempting us to buy this and then that. Telling us skinny is in and average is out. Women should realize that there is nothing pretty about skin and bones. Those stick-thin models and actresses do NOT look pretty or healthy. They look anorexic and sick.

    So, ladies don't starve or puke your guts out trying to look like a size 0. It is not worth it. Malnourished with health problems is not attractive at all. If a man doesn't like you for who you are, then he's not worth your love anyway.

     You can find better out there. You need a man who will love you for you, not what he thinks you should look like. If he cheats on you, please don't stay with him. Especially if he shows no remorse. Lose the zero and find you a hero.

     If he cheats on you, sneaks around behind your back, tries to play you for a fool, then he's sorry and not worth your time. Ladies there are real good men out there, though its rare, you just got to take your time and choose wisely.

     It's worth taking your time to get in the right relationship rather than rushing through and having it fall apart. Ignore it when the people are talking in their sexist ways about how women should just let it be and everything will be okay.

      We know our places all right. They're not only in the bedroom and kitchen but any place that we want to be in life.

* Published on March 14, 2012 Sync Weekly Vol. 5 Issue 47

* This was published in a popular and prominent pop culture magazine called Sync Weekly in my hometown of Arkansas. 

This appeared on my birthday. The direct link to the article is lost but I posted it again from the print issue that I've saved.