Fond

At that moment, there was a knock on the door. Sycamore and Sophie turned round cautiously and started to panic. Something in Ash's eye, like a small, blue light, started blinking rapidly and stopped after a few seconds.

"It's Alain.", he reported. Professor Sycamore took a deep breath to calm himself.

"Can you hide somewhere?", he asked, trying to keep his cool as much as possible.

"I can hide in the computer over there", Ash answered, pointing to the computer to his left. Sycamore nodded in agreement to the idea and Ash started glitching, and suddenly disappeared. Sycamore opened the door to see Alain standing there with an impatient expression.

"You've been in here for ages. It sounds like you're talking to someone. Ash is gone, too", he complained quite aggressively.

"Go back to the party, Alain. I don't know where Ash is, but me and Sophie are doing work". Sophie popped her head out from the corner.

"Quite rude of you to interrupt us while we're handling business matters. Tsk tsk.", she added, shaking her head in artificial shame. Alain lost confidence and walked away, earning Sphie and Sycamore their much deserves sighs of relief. Ash glitched out of the computer again, looking through the cameras with his mind to make sure Alain left.

"Well, how about that excuse, huh?", Sycamore looked for compliments, slightly panting from the stress of lying.

"Not the best excuse, since he'll probably start looking for me now, but you couldn't have said anything better in the heat of the moment, so well done", Ash replied with a warm smile.

Sycamore ended his panting. Although he found the project he'd been looking for for years, he had to admit the fact that his life was about to take a turn for either the better or the worse.

"If there is nothing else I can do for you, I'll be leaving before my friends worry, Professor", Ash said, getting ready to leave. The Professor stopped him and turned to face him.

"How about...from now own, you'll be working for me? You're the creation my dad spent most of his life on, and it was the one thing he left behind after his death"

"P-Professor, are you sure?"

"I'm positive. And, call me Augustine"

Ash smiled.

"Yes, Augustine"

This is a very short chapter, but I hope you like it.

Byeeeeeee