No Fate But My Own: Chapters 21-25

Magsimula sa umpisa

" Yes." Trick turned to meet Lauren's questioning eyes.

"Trick what did you do? Is this why you are apologising to me. Did you request my removal?"

Trick flinched with shock. "What? No! Why would you even think such a thing. Lauren, we have been friends for years but now you are family. I am happy for you and Bo. Truly. I need you to believe this."

"I know you would have preferred Bo to be with Dyson, Trick!"

Trick got up and stood in front Lauren. "There was a time when I thought that Dyson and Bo would be a good fit. Their love for each other was as strong as yours and Bo's." Lauren looked stricken. Trick grabbed her hand and squeezed it hard. "I'm not finished. You are and always will be a better fit for Bo."

"You're just saying that because we are bonded..."

"No, Lauren! I am saying this because it is true. Do I need to give you a list?" Lauren just looked at Trick, disbelief in her eyes. "Fine. You looked at your humanity as a weakness but it was...is..what keeps Bo balanced. Bo's humanity is what makes her who she is and as her power grows so will her need to have you and Kenzi beside her to keep her grounded. You understood that Bo being a succubus meant that she would have to feed off of other sources. Dyson would have wanted Bo to be monogamous. Not even a 1000 year old shifter would be strong enough to sustain Bo's needs and his ego and pride would have caused serious problems because Bo would have weakened herself to keep him happy. You risked your life for hers time and time again. There was a prophecy written about the two of you and my families ancestral crown acknowledged.. YOU! If you and Bo weren't meant to be together when Bo breathed you back to life with her chi the bonding process would not have occurred. It is rare for a Succubus to find their soul mate and it is even rarer to have them bound because it takes an ultimate sacrifice for it to occur. You saved her Lauren and I am eternally in your debt for that."

"Trick, I..." Lauren's eyes glistened with unshed tears.

Tricks shakes his head. "No. Don't say anything yet Lauren. Wait till you hear everything else."

"Okay, Trick. What did you ask for in return for you taking the council seat?" Trick patted Lauren's hand and then returned to his seat. "I asked for Aoife to be pardoned and granted immunity for her crimes against the fae. I want my family back. I want Bo to get to know her mother and I want the chance to repair my relationship with my daughter. Do you know anything about pardons relating to treason against the fae?"

"No, not really. I tend to concentrate on the medical research and species lore texts," Lauren replies.

"Well because Aoife's original crime was against the dark fae it requires The Morrigan to sign off on the pardon as well. Which of course meant that it would cost The Ash to get her signature. And... well lets just say that after I stormed in on the meeting and accused her of being threatened by Bo well..."

"She IS threatened by Bo! Why else would she go out of her way to make Bo's life as difficult as possible. The Morrigan usually gets bored and moves on but this thing with Bo is different." Lauren says, her fists clenching on her lap. Scattered items around the office began to shake as the blondes anger rose to the surface. Lauren noticed and closed her eyes and focused on channelling her calming power. She felt the anger slide away as the zen like calm replaced it. She reopens her eyes and smiles sheepishly at Trick , "Sorry.. uh... continue."

Trick looked over at Samuel who bowed his head for him to continue. "Lauren the first thing she asked for was you."

Lauren tilted her head to the side and blinked a few times in quick succession letting Tricks words sink in. "Me?"