Chapter 4: A Father's Love & Flashbacks (Edited)

Start from the beginning

At this, my expression turns serious. "... I know. That's why I'll have to be careful. But, if in case he ever finds out about me & John, I'll make sure that he won't take my son away from me. If that can't even happen, then I have no choice but to warn John about him. I'll let him decide then once he knows. (expression changes into a soft smile) I'll see you around then, brother. And please give my regards to mother."

VAUGHN: Will do, Will.

W/ that, I leave the room in order to go look for John in the Boys' Dormitory---Keene already pointed the direction of the dorms & told me his room number & floor. However, once I'm at the entrance of the dorm, I can see a black-haired boy lying on the ground w/ blood & bruises all over him.

[ABILITY: Flashback Deactivate!]

Thinking about it makes me happy while at the same time, makes my blood boil. Happy that I met my brother finally after 17 long years & mad about what will happen once father discovers John. My father... He's one of the people that I really hate in my life. He made my life a living hell just because I'm a Cripple. However, I couldn't bring myself to completely abhor him. Even though I am a Cripple, at least he let me train in martial arts so that I'll be able to defend myself. Also, he was giving me a roof over my head & gave me the necessities needed in order to survive, even though he did it begrudgingly just so that I'll be at least useful to him in some prospect. If he finds out about John, then he'll make his life 10x worse, seeing as to that he wants a perfect child.

Ignoring the thoughts forming in my mind, I fold my arms on his bed, my eyes slowly drooping off. Before I fully drift off to sleep, I stare at John's peaceful sleeping face. I hope you wake up, son.

[11:00 pm...]

<Third Person's POV>

[Playing Final Fantasy X OST: Sorrow Without Solace...]

*cough* *cough* *cough*

After hearing a fit of coughs, William jolts himself up awake, only to find John coughing so much that blood starts to spurt out of his mouth, staining his breathing mask.

WILLIAM: (panic & worried) John!!!

Knowing what happened to him, he immediately presses the button on the heart monitor, calling the nurse in charge immediately. Not knowing what to do, he just wipes off the sweat already forming on his face w/ a clean white towel. Seeing his son in such a state breaks his heart.

WILLIAM: (sad & worried for his son) Why does this happen to you? You're only young. Why do you even have to inherit Rodrigo's sickness? (continues to wipe off the sweat on his forehead) If only your mother would be here...

[ABILITY: Flashback Activate...]

ATHENA: Aphrodite is alive, Will.

This revelation had surprised him. Not knowing what to react, he stammered out his surprise.

WILLIAM: (shocked & surprised) W-What? S-S-She's alive?

ATHENA: (giving a sad smile) Even I was surprised as well. Imagine to my shock when I found out that she's alive the entire time.

WILLIAM: (snapped out of his shock) But how could this be? I saw her body! We all saw her body!

ATHENA: I know. But a month ago, when I just finished operating on a patient, she appeared right at my office. I thought that she was a ghost! But then she told that the body that we saw that time was nothing more than a clone made by someone's ability mixed w/ some of her blood.