Chapter 3: Beaten, Bruised & Unconsciousness

Previously, on 1 Month to Confession...

JOHN: (handing the note to the teacher) I'm sorry that I'm extremely late, Mr. Garcia.

GARCIA: (reads the note) ... Alright. Just... Go back to your seat.

JOHN: Uh, Sera? Mind eating lunch w/ me at the rooftop?

SERA: (avoiding eye contact) ... (stands up from her seat & goes out of the classroom)

JOHN: (holds her shoulder) Sera, we need to talk---

SERA: (slaps my hand away) ... Don't touch me.

???: (rubs his head) I ta (Ow)! Watch where you're goi--- (recognization written in his face) Hey! I know you!! You're that annoying cripple who refuses to call me King!!!

[10/19/201x, 4:00 pm; Wellston Private High Boys' Dormitory...]

<John's POV>

[Playing Final Fantasy XV OST: Hunt or Be Hunted...]

Shoot! Of all the people that I have ran into, it has to be the self-proclaimed King of the Boys' Dormitory. (mockingly) "Oh, I didn't realize that I bumped into you, Your Highness. But may you please excuse me? I'm kinda in a hurry right now."

However, knowing my luck, I know that that won't ever happen. Ever since I proclaimed myself as a Cripple when I enrolled here in Wellston, almost everybody either ignored me or bullied me physically just so they could show-off that they're far more "superior" than me. He activates his ability & is about to punch me but just in time, I dodge his attack. Predicting his next move, I counter his attack w/ an evasion & then strike him by elbowing his face. However, just as my elbow hits him square in the face, my elbow starts to crack upon contact.

Crack.

(cries in pain) "Ugh! (clutching my right elbow) Gaaahhhhh!!!" My elbow!!! Looking at him, I can see his face turning blue. Shoot!! I forgot that his ability enables him to shift from Offense to Defense. And him turning blue can only mean that he's in his Defensive Phase.

Knowing that he sacrifices his Speed & Power for Defense, I run away from him as fast as I can, my hand still clutching on my broken arm & my breathing getting heavier by the minute.

Just as I am getting near the entrance to the dorms, something metallic in taste goes all its way throughout my throat. However, before I can cough it out, I sense Zeke's aura going near me in an alarming speed. Then, I can feel his kick on my back.

(coughing out blood) *Cough* Splat. Due to the force & power of the kick, I am send flying towards a wall just beside the entrance.

Crack!

"Gaahh!!" *cough* *cough* *huff* *huff* Man. I almost forgot just how strong his offensive phase is. My vision is getting blurry & anytime soon, I'm gonna loose consciousness. Zeke then grabs my collar.

ZEKE: (smugness in his voice) That will teach you not to talk back to me, you Cripple.

[Playing Final Fantasy XV Brotherhood OST: Unforgettable...]