Chapter 4: A Father's Love & Flashbacks (Edited)

Începe de la început

I only laugh in embarrassment. "Haha. Sorry for not trying to at least contact you."

VAUGHN: (changes the topic) I was surprised that John is your son. Why did you not at least tell me or mother?

My face turns serious at his question. (face turning serious) "You know the reason. I tried telling you but I stopped myself from doing so."

VAUGHN: (looks at me seriously) ... Right. Father will find out about him & will do whatever it takes to turn him into the "puppet" he always wanted. And it will be worse since he inherited the same ability as him, much more made it stronger than his level. (changes the topic again) Anyway, why do you wish to transfer John out of the dorms right now? I'm sure you have heard of what happened to them & the reason why I moved him here.

"Ah yes. John did tell me a while ago that his apartment has been targetted by an unknown organization & that they were attacked w/ the purpose of kidnapping Sera. I know that you only did it in order to protect him from something like that. As the headmaster, you only did your job to ensure the safety of your students. However, the reason why I want to transfer him to the apartment of MY choice this time is that so I can take care of him. Besides, the apartment that I'm renting is just near this school & Wellston Hospital so you wouldn't have to worry about him in terms of security. The apartment is just w/in your range. However, if not, then you can just mark it on your radar.

VAUGHN: (thinking & considering) Hmmmmmm... I might agree to those reasons, but why though? Why do you need to take care of him when he can perfectly take care of himself? (realization hits him) Unless his condition has gotten worse to the point of having to transport him to the hospital when his cancer attacks again.

I only chuckle in response. "That's right. Your still spot on as always, brother. (expression turns sad) Athena said that his cancer cells have been spreading abnormally fast, possibly due to the amount of stress in his body as well as the constant exposure to physical bullying. Normally, those w/ Stage 4 Lung Cell** Carcinoma can live up to 5 years at most but in John's case, it's different. You know how her ability works so she'll know about something like that. However, even w/ her ability, she won't be able to reverse*** something like that."

VAUGHN: I... See. Well that's true. It must have been hard on him.

Even if his face shows indifference, his eyes tells otherwise. I know that he's worried for my son. For a minute, we both stay silent. Then, I decided to cut the tension. "Sooooooo... Are you alright w/ John transferring to the apartment of my choice?"

Having no other choice, he only sighs.

VAUGHN: *sigh* Alright. I'll let him move out. I'll ask Keene to help you move his things.

W/ his decision, I beam in excitement & appreciation. "Thank you very much brother. I really appreciate it."

VAUGHN: (chuckling in amusement) You still act childish whenever I let you do what you want.

An irk mark appears on my head. (pouting in annoyance) "Hey!" Vaughn only laughs at my reaction. In the end, I'm laughing along w/ him. Even though it's been so long now, it seems that nothing's changed between us.

"Anyway, I'm going out now, brother. I need to take John back to the hospital for his check-up. I'll get his things later once we're finished."

VAUGHN: (smiles warmly at me) Alright.

So then, I leave the room. Before I can even open the door, my brother tells me something.

VAUGHN: It's great to see you again, William. (expression turns serious) And also, you need to watch out. Father might have sent some spies here in Wellston & he might found out about John once he knows that you're here. Besides, he doesn't know yet about his existence & you know how he'll react when he finds out that you've been keeping an "extremely powerful puppet" of a grandchild from him.