Chapter 4: A Father's Love & Flashbacks (Edited)

Start from the beginning

Not knowing what to do, I just put my hand on her back to comfort her. "S-Seraphina? Perhaps he was really genuine w/ your friendship. I may not be friends w/ him seeing as to that he is a... (hesitant) Cripple but from what I've observed, he really values your friendship."

SERAPHINA: (looks at me w/ tears in her eyes) Elaine? About that, can I tell you something? You might freak out from what I have discovered about John.

"S-Sure."

SERAPHINA: *sigh* The truth is, the reason why we fought is because I found out that he's not a Cripple. He has an Ability. In fact, he's a High-tier.

Now that surprises me. No, not because of the fact that he has an Ability since I already know that fact, but because he decided to reveal it. Why would he decided to reveal it at such time as this---when Seraphina still lost her Ability? Doesn't he know that revealing it to her in her current condition would only worsen their relationship, especially due to the lack of trust?

SERAPHINA: (laughing a pained laugh) Hehe. Can you BELIEVE it?
He HAS an Ability. AND a High-tier as well. Ha! He even had the nerve to tell me that we'll be powerless together!... Elaine, what do you think should I do?

In all honesty, I really don't know what advice I should give her. But, I just answer her as best as I can. "M-Maybe you should h-hear him out. I don't think he's the type to hide something from anyone w/o a good reason. Listen to his reason first, then you can decide whether to break off your friendship for good or not. Plus, I think the reason why he's hiding such a huge secret from you is that he's afraid of what you'll think of him when you find out about it."

After saying those things, I can see her expression changes. Just judging by her look, I can see that she's considering my advice.

SERAPHINA: You're right. John's never the type to keep something from me w/o a good reason. I don't think he meant to hurt me emotionally. You know what, I'll apologize to him.

"Now that's the spirit."

[9:00 pm; Room #7018 Wellston Hospital...]

<William's POV>

It's been almost 5 hours now since John has been "operated"* in the ER & until now, he still hasn't woken up yet, even after I've already finished my dinner. He's already been moved to his own private room which is where I am right now. (brushes his bangs away) Why did you have to make that choice? Pretending to be a Cripple in order to expiate for your wrongdoings? Because of your choice, this has happened to you.

I can still remember the conversation a while ago, between Vaughn & I.

[ABILITY: Flashback Activate...]

[Playing Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn OST: Brother...]

Both of us stared intensely at each other, an array of emotions present in our eyes. We may not have seen each other for at least 17 years, but that doesn't mean that we're not worried for each other's safety.

VAUGHN: It has been 17 years since you last called me that. During those years, you broke contact w/ us, completely getting rid of yourself from our radar.