Chapter 17

Third Person POV

Sarah snapped out of her thoughts as her door swung open urgently. She jumped up in alertness to see Alfred breathing heavily. "Sarah! Come with me!" Alfred urged. "What is it?" She asked, starting to rip the blankets off of her. "It's too long of a story, just come!" He says leading her out the door and to the secret elevator. His face was a mixture of fear and sadness. She knew something was wrong.

Alfred led her to another secret room Sarah didn't know of. He pushed her through a door into a white room. It was a medical room, and there was an injured Batman, lying limp on one of the medical beds. "What the hell happened to him?!" She yelled running to his side. He had cuts, gashes, bruises, a bloody nose, a bloody head, a bloody mouth, and a deep wound near his ribs. "What the hell happened to him, Alfred?!" She yelled again after she got no answer. Alfred claimed he didn't know. She lifted Bruce's cowl and gently placed a palm on his cheek. "Is he going to be okay?" She asked, staring at his closed eyes. "I'm not sure. He's been beaten badly. He has a small concussion, two broken ribs, a gash near his spinal cord, he's unconscious, I don't know if it is temporary or long term, and-" Alfred was going to continue but her hand rose for him to stop. She heard enough. The urge to cry dwelled in her throat. "Alfred, go get rubbing alcohol and anything else I can use."

Sarah placed her hand on his chest and felt his steady breathing as Alfred left. He quickly winced at her touch and she was briefly released of fear, knowing he was only temporarily unconscious. Alfred returned minutes later and handed the supplies to her. "Alfred, I'm going to try something. I really need you to leave-" She starts but Alfred said it's okay and he understood. The slices in his suit gave the gashes and cuts away. She was going to start with those. She grabbed a cotton ball and dipped the rubbing alcohol onto it. She gently placed it on a cut on his arm and he winced at the sting.

His eyes opened and landed on her. Sarah continued, with a huge weight lifted off of her shoulders. "What happened?" She asked softly as she dabbed some more onto another cut. "I found out where they hide. And there is someone else with them." He answered. "You have to be more specific Bruce." She gave a small smile, wiping the blood off of his forehead. "The Riddler and Penguin are with them." He answered. She sighed and shook her head in agony. "I thought Penguin died." Sarah said, with a confused look. Bruce replied, "Everyone did." "What the hell made you think you could beat them?" She asked with a smirk and shaking her head, but she also was very serious. He gave no answer. He struggled to flip over to his side, so she could clean the stab in his back. "Okay, I'm going to try to heal you, okay, Bruce?" She started, but his expression turned into concern. "You don't know how, Sarah." He starts, but she smirked. "You'll be okay." She comforted.

She placed a hand on his right arm and started to feel energy rush through her body. She directed it to her hand and her eyes turned pure gray. Not only her iris, but her pupil would turn gray as well. She tried not to overflow the energy, so she calmly took a quick breath to slow the energy down. She felt it go through her palm and into his skin and flesh. Her hand trembled a bit as she felt the energy in his veins welcome hers. They allowed her energy to race up his arm and tingle his body. Bruce stared deep into her completely gray eyes, he found them relaxing and comforting. As the process was over, she directed the energy into his legs, and other arm. She wanted to make sure she was doing this right before she got to the severe wounds.

As the process was over, her hand finally released his arm. "Okay, now all we have to do is your ribs and back." She informed. As she prepared herself again, Bruce began to speak. She placed her hands on his broken rib and he slightly groaned in pain. "Sorry, please continue. I can hear you." She says, eyes starting to cloud up again. "They have too many people on their side now. We need to find out their next move before they even do," Bruce continued but paused as he felt the sensation of her energy enter his body. "They're too dangerous. You can't go out there anymore." He finished as her energy hit their climax and started to heal his broken bone.

Her hands lifted from his ribs, breaking the connection, and making her energy dissolve even though his rib wasn't completely healed. Her eyes turned flaming red and the gray dot in the middle returned to its color of black. The discoloration happened within seconds. And within those seconds, energy fled from the side of her hands, shooting from one side of the room to the other until they hit the wall. It was like blue currents or waves of powerful light shooting from her hands. It destroyed the shelves, and it shook the walls as it met it. It was horizontal so it didn't hit anything above or underneath it, where Bruce would've been.

If her hands were still placed on his ribs, her energy would have cut through him. The flash of energy blew her red hair back briefly. "No, we made a deal. I'm leaving on your next patrol." She said angrily. The feeling of incomplete healing hurt him and his wound. He put his hand to his rib making it worst and making his spine hurt when he bent his back. "Lay back..." Sarah commanded tightly and angrily placing her hands on his rib again carelessly. Her eyes clouded faster and the energy once again flew into his body. It hurt him this time because she let more energy in than necessary, and instead of just keeping the energy in the harmed area, she let them freely roam his body, pinching and scraping his body from the inside out. She didn't cause excruciating pain, but just enough to let him know she was agitated and she was doing this on purpose.

Since she let the energy run free in his body, they eventually met the other injuries and started to heal them. After the healing process was over she removed her hand and her eyes went back to their flaming red state. "Look, Sarah, you don't know what I saw." Bruce says, standing from the bed. His muscles were just a little sore from the energy frenzy that was unleashed in his body. "Then what did you see Bruce?! You never told me where the hell you went so how am I supposed to understand half the sh*t you're talking about?!" Sarah snapped. She crossed her arms and Bruce sighed. "Look, I'll tell you what happened."

Batman POV

[2 HOURS EARLIER]

I made my way to Gotham Cemetery, knowing they were going to be there. I didn't know how I should approach, so for now, I stayed hidden. As I reached deep into the cemetery, I heard voices. Familiar voices. It was obviously the Joker and Dent. I heard planning and schemes. "My note led them all away to the other side of town, so I did my job and gave you some time. Now do something! I want my part of the deal!" Riddler spitted. "And you'll get it. We just haven't found her yet. We have to come up with another plan." Joker replied, surprisingly even. "We need to take that Bat out." Harley said tightly. "I agree, he's the only one in our way." Another voice added. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't put a finger on it yet. "I bet she's hiding behind his cape." Poison Ivy added. "She just may have protection from that vigilante." Two-Face considered.

I switched behind another tree, getting a bit closer. "We're outnumbering him. Let's just attack now!" Mr. Freeze's deep voice roared. "No. We don't want another large frenzy. Not yet. If so, that will be another chance for her to go into hiding and disappear again." Two-Face refused. "Her grave is already dug, why wait?" Riddler asked again. They continued to plan. "Then when's the next attack?" Catwoman asked, but I could tell she didn't care. "Soon, we just need to do a couple more things." Two-Face answered. "Well, you know I stay in the cold, so keep it short and cool." That voice chuckled. Cold...Short...Cool... That's where I know that voice from. Penguin. But how? Was he never dead? And if so, who the hell conjured him up? There was so many questions that needed to but probably wouldn't be answered.

They started to depart and after they were gone, I walked from the shadows and looked around where they were. My eyes widened as I saw a tombstone and it had 'Sarah White' engraved in it. My thought of it was taken away as a fist crossed my face, leaving a bruise. "Told you I sensed something." Penguin hissed as he returned to Dent. Then the other 6 returned. I was definitely outnumbered, and I had no other choice than to fight. I was hit harshly with Catwoman's whip and hit in the ribs with Harley's hammer. I punched the Joker and threw Penguin into Dent. Riddler crept up behind me and stabbed me in the back with his question mark crane. I cut through Poison Ivy's vines but her thorns cringed my legs painfully. Mr. Freeze kicked my chest and made me fly backwards. I tripped Harley as she made another attempt to hit me. I slammed Mr. Freeze into the ground after he tried to freeze me. I threw bat-er-rangs and smoke bombs at all of them and I retreated. I clenched onto my ribs and ran back to the Batmobile. I hardly had enough energy to press autopilot before I went into unconsciousness.