Chapter 13: The Truth

Sarah POV

I sat on a metal table and swung my feet neutrally. "You were looking for me?" He says as if he already knew. "Oh yeah, how did you know?" I ask getting from the table and walking over to him at a large computer. "I'm Batman." He answers, continuing to look at the screen. "Well, I wanted to tell you thank you. You were right. I'm glad you saved me." I say, turning around to look around more.

He was silent. I take that as a 'your welcome.' I think. "When do you usually get those headaches?" He finally asked, totally random. "I don't really know. Sometimes they come out of nowhere, sometimes they come when I get hurt." I answer with a shrug of my shoulder and gently touching a black stalagmite. I looked up and admired the cave. My eyes widened as I saw something move, then multiple little eyes appear. "W-What are those?" I hesitate, pointing to the top of the cave. I turned around, and he stood right in front of me. It made me jump and give a small shout.

All of a sudden, the ceiling seemed to fall. I backed away til my back reached Batman. I turned around and put my face in his chest. He just stood there like nothing was happening. "It's over." He said and I turned back. "What was that?!" I asked in a small shout. "Bats."He said walking away from me. I followed because I didn't want that to happen again, especially if I'm alone. "Were those real?" I ask. "What do you think?" He answers with a question. I chuckled and looked back. He started, "Now about those headaches."

I was about to answer but elevator doors appeared and they opened. My mouth dropped as I saw who it was. "Bruce I'm here-" He started but stopped as he saw me. "Alfred?!!" I yelled running to him. He was totally in shock. He looked at Batman who was staring at him with the deadliest expression. "Wait," I said turning to Batman, "Bruce? Bruce?!" I slowly walked up to him. He was silent. There was only one test he had to take to prove he was or wasn't Bruce.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. I quickly pulled away, "Bruce?! Why didn't you tell me?!" "It would have been better for all of us." He says, emotionless. I had a lot to take in. "Sorry, Bruce. But you called and told me to come here immediately." Alfred informed. "No I didn't." He said back. "Yes, I know your voice, Bruce. It was you on the phone." He argued.

"Was the call connected to the house phone?" He asked sitting at the computer. "Yes." He answered.

Bruce/Batman POV

After Alfred gave out my identity and told me that the conversation occurred from who's ever phone to the house phone, I hacked into the list of recorded conversations and went to the most recent one. I played the recording and listened closely;

Alfred: Hello?

Other Line: Hey Alfred.

Alfred: Ah, good evening Master Bruce, can I help you?

Other Line: Yes, I need you to meet me at...well you already know where I am. Meet me here immediately.

Alfred: Right away, Master Wayne.

"See, it sounds exactly like you." Alfred states after the conversation was over. I replayed it a couple times, and slowed it down. There was a small quiet chuckle in the background.

"It wasn't me but I'm sure it was Two-Face and the Joker." I say as I stopped playing it. "How do-" Alfred started but I told him about the laugh in the back ground, which was a 75% chance it was Harley's . "Wait, if they wanted Alfred to come down here then-" Sarah started but stopped. We all knew they were coming in the manor. "You two stay here. Go in the panic room if you need to." I order as I was about to go to the Batmobile. "You can't take all of them alone, Bruce." Sarah said grabbing my arm. "Stay here." I say sternly. "No. I'm coming with you. Whether you like it or not. Plus, they obviously know who you are." She fought back. "They might not." I say back. She replied,"Well I'm coming, either way." I got in the car anyways. I saw her behind me starting to get on one of my motorcycles. I rolled my eyes as she finally found out how to get it running.

"Do you know how to drive one of those, Ms. White?" Alfred asked her as she got ready. She shrugged her shoulders and we zoomed out of the Cave. She followed nicely, and easily picked up how to drive the motorcycle. We came through the front of the manor and ran inside. We stopped as we heard a beeping noise, getting faster by the second. I grabbed Sarah by her waist and jumped out of the door as an explosion went off. I covered her with my cape so nothing could hit her. I looked back then at Sarah. "Are you okay?" I asked her helping her up. "Yeah, you?" She said wiping her clothes. I nodded then looked back at the manor. The entire manor wasn't destroyed, but the front was.

"We can fix this," Sarah starts, trying to comfort me. I was silent, trying to think where they could be. "Come on. I'm sure police will start arriving soon." We headed back to the Cave.

"Bruce, I'm telling you, I can help you but your not letting me!" Sarah yelled as we walked in. "It's too dangerous." I say. "If you haven't noticed, I'm not a child!" She argued. I turned around to look at her, "I can't afford you being hurt right now." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in protest. "But it's me they want, Bruce. I can help you find them and put them to justice." She claims softer. After I was silent she walked over to the keyboard and pressed a button to make my secret container appear. She opened it and took out some bat-er-rangs. "Teach me." She smirked, throwing one right in the middle of the chest of an obstacle.

"Doesn't look like you need much practice." I said. We had forgotten Alfred was sitting there awkwardly. "Did you hear the explosion Alfred?" I asked as I saw him. "No, wait, there was an explosion?! In the manor?!" He yelled. Sarah and I nodded. "I'm sure the police will help fix it though." Sarah said. "Are they here?" He asked. "I'm sure they're here by now." I answered. And without another word, he went back to the temporarily damaged manor above us, through the elevator. "Is he going to be okay?" Sarah asked as he left. "Yes. We all will." I answered. "Well, are you going to train me since you don't think I can handle myself?" Sarah asked.

I walked to the container to pull out more bat-er-rangs and pressed another button to get the obstacles moving. "Does that answer your question?"