Rain

A/N: I ALSO JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT DONNIE HAD ALREADY ASKED HIS MOM IF HE COULD GO TO A FRIEND'S AND MIKEY WAS IN FOSTER CARE SO YEAH!! ON TO THE STORY!!!
------------------------------------------
Previously:

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, feeling the rain wash away the blood from my bruised and cut cheek......

"I wish everything would just go back to normal...."
—————————————————
Third Person's POV

It's been a few hours since Leo had climbed up to the roof. The rain drizzled down on him as he slept restlessly.

The Hamato brothers had gone looking for him after he had run out of their house. They had found him an hour after he fell asleep.

The Hamato brothers stared sadly at Leo as they watched him sleep in the rain. They were standing on the same roof but a few feet away from their long lost brother.

Leo's eyes snapped open and he jumped up when he felt a presence near him. His eyes scanned the rooftop, landing on Raph, Don, and Mikey. He sighed, relaxing his tense muscles.

"What do you three want?" Leo mumbled.

"We just wanted to know if you were okay," Don said, his gaze landing on Leo's cheek.

Leo noticed and turned his face away from the Hamatos. He was already aware that they knew something bad is happening in his life. But he does not want to get them involved.

"Well, do you wanna come over? It would be like a sleepover," Mikey said, voice filled with hope.

Mikey stared at Leo with puppy dog eyes. Leo looked into Mikey's eyes for a few seconds then sighed.

"Okay. But just for a little while," Leo said, noting the time is around eleven at night.

Mikey cheered and ran up to Leo, giving Leo a hug. Leo flinched but returned it. Physical contact still makes him a bit jumpy.

The Hamato brothers and Leo hopped rooftops all the way to the Hamato household. Leo's thoughts had resided to the back of his mind.

He used all his will power not to break down in front of Raph, Don, and Mike. He has done that enough already.

The four teenagers arrived at their destination. Don and Mikey climbed down the fire escape.

Raph and Leo glanced at each other, then jumped from the roof, falling past Don and Mikey, and landing in a crouch in the alley.

Donnie and Mikey looked at the two with wide eyes. They jumped the rest of the way down and ran up to them.

"Dudes, that was awesome!" Mikey exclaimed.

Leo just shrugged and looked down while Raph smirked at his brothers. Leo's memories of jumping off rooftops were not very... pleasant.

The four teenagers walked down the street and into the Hamato household. They were greeted by Hamato Yoshi. Splinter noticed Leo's cheek but said nothing about it. The four then walked up to Raph's room.

"So," Mikey said as he closed the bedroom door, "Whaddaya wanna do?"

The three other occupants shrugged. Raph then got an idea and walked over to his nightstand, grabbing his sais that rested there.

He turned back to the others. "Wanna go rooftop racing?" Raph smirked.

Mikey and Donnie nodded in excitement. Leo just stared at Raph's sais in intense comprehension.

"Can..." Leo started with hesitation.

Raph, Don, and Mike glanced over at Leo. Raph walked over and placed a hand on Leo's shoulder, beckoning him to continue.

"Can I-... Do you have katanas?" Leo finally said.

Raph nodded with a smile and the four teens walked out of Raph's room and down the stairs. They went to Master Splinter for permission.

"Sensei, can Leo use the katanas?" Raph asked Splinter.

Hamato Yoshi nodded and guided his sons to the dojo. Leo hesitated at the door, the thought of dojos bringing back bad experiences. Mikey walked up to Leo and put a gentle hand on his arm, smiling encouragingly.

Leo smiled meekly back and the two followed Don, Raph, and Splinter. Leo's eyes gazed in amazement at the dojo. It did not seem scary and dull like his father's. This dojo seemed calm and... comforting.

Leo looked over at Raph who presented the katanas to him.

Hesitating, Leo took the katanas and held them. He ran his hand over the sheath of the katanas. Then Leo did something non-expected.

He smiled.

Leo actually smiled. He could not help it. These katanas and the Hamato family gave him this sense of calm that made him feel more at home than his own house.

"Thank you," Leo whispered, looking up at Raph and Splinter.

Raph and Splinter smiled at him. Then the four went out of the roof door and started their race.

Miley and Donnie were close behind the older teenagers. Leo and Raph were neck and neck.

But Leo forgot about the race as he felt the slow droplets of rain that hit his face and the wind blowing through his hair.

He truly felt free for the first time in his life. And he hoped it would stay that way.

Raph watched the happiness seep into his long lost brother and he could not help but smile. He was glad his older brother was happy for once.

The Hamato family just hoped Oroku Saki would not ruin Leo's happiness.
------------------------------------------
TBC...

I just wanna let y'all know that Leo's katanas in this book are like that of the ones in the fifth season of TMNT 2012.

Bye-bye!