Living The Bunker Life - Part 2

Start from the beginning

When she got to hers and Jacob's room, she saw Jacob sitting on the bed looking angry. "Do you realise what time it is Ellie?" Jacob asked her. Ellie knew he was angry about the fact that she didn't follow his order today and by the look on his face, she was in for one hell of talking to. "Sorry, I was with Laura in the cafeteria" Ellie looked down at the ground. "Did you get any rest today?" Jacob asked as he stood up from the bed and approached her.

"No" Ellie answered truthfully, "I've just been too excited today and I loss track of time". "Not good enough. Look at your feet, they are swollen. I told you this would happen if you didn't get any rest" Jacob pointed at her feet, "wash up, then get into bed and rest up. No getting out of bed tomorrow. Don't you dare disobey me again Ellie". She nodded at him and walked into the bathroom to have a quick shower like Jacob had ordered.

She closed the bathroom door and sat on the edge of the bathtub, before bursting out into tears. She didn't mean to disobey Jacob, she just wanted to share her baby news with her friends and forgot to get some rest today. She knew that Jacob was only doing it cause he cared about her and their unborn baby but she didn't like seeing him angry, especially when she was the one that made him angry. Jacob must have heard her cry, he walked into the bathroom and sat beside her on the bathtub.

"I'm sorry Elle. I'm just trying to take care of you" Jacob put his arm around her and pulled her into a hug. "I know I'm not angry or upset at you" Ellie said, "I didn't mean to disobey you". "I know you didn't" Jacob responded back, "how about we both have a relaxing bath together, then get some sleep?". "Sure, sounds good to me" Ellie smiled and wiped away her tears. Jacob stood up and started running the water, filling up the tub with warm water. He then helped Ellie get undressed, before removing his clothes.

Once the tub was filled up with enough water, Jacob got into the tub and help Ellie in as well. She sat down between his legs and rested her back against his body. Jacob's hand went immediately onto her stomach, where he slowly rubbed it. "Should we start thinking of names for our baby? Then we can choose one boy name and one girl name so that when the time comes, we will know what to name him or her" Ellie suggested. Jacob agreed with coming up with names for their baby.

The next day Ellie was keen to make up for disobeying Jacob the day before, so she followed his orders and spent the day in bed. Jacob continued to check up on her every hour and was pleased to see she was in bed. The only time he let her out of the room, was when she went down to the cafeteria to get some food and snacks.

-

The pregnancy was going really well for Ellie but as the days got closer to her due date, she became scared and nervous. Each day, the doctor came into her bedroom to check up on her and see if there was any signs of the baby arriving but she hadn't dilated yet. Jacob took time off from doing any type of work and spent most his days next to her in bed. She had become very heavily pregnant, barely even able to get out off bed without someone helping her. Her feet were swollen and her back was extremely sore. She just wanted this baby to come already.

Her due date came and went and there was still no sign of the baby arriving yet. The doctor had given it another day or so before making the decision of inducing her but then he noticed that she had dilated  and that's when things started. Contractions started and then the labour started. Baby Seed was officially on his or her way.

The whole bunker was waiting nervously and excitingly for the news of the baby's arrival. Everyone had gathered up in the cafeteria on the lower level, waiting to celebrate the arrival of baby Seed. They all even started a poll on guessing what gender the baby was and majority of them voted that it was going to be a boy. Then the news came, Baby Seed was born.

Jacob watched as the doctor pulled his baby out of Ellie and placed it on her chest. "Congratulations Jacob and Ellie, it's a girl" the doctor announced. Jacob looked at Ellie and smiled, "our little Ava is here". The little girl cried her tiny lungs out, melting her parents heart already.

"She's beautiful" Ellie said, crying happy tears. "Just like her mother" Jacob said and kissed her on the forehead, "welcome to the world, Ava Seed". The moment that Jacob placed his hand on Ava's head, the little girl stopped crying immediately as if she knew that touch belonged to her father. Jacob smiled at his daughter as she finally became peaceful while lying down on her mother's chest.

-

Ellie opened her eyes to the cutest sight she had ever seen. Ava was peacefully sleeping on her father's chest in bed. Her small cheek was squished up as she laid on her tummy. This was how she woke up the last two weeks, her daughter sleeping on her father's chest. They already had the strongest father and daughter bond, something that Ellie prayed for when she found out she was pregnant. Even if she had a boy, she hoped that the father and son bond would be strong and special but seeing this bond between a father and his little girl was more special than anything else.

Ava Seed already had the colour of her father's hair and eyes, so there was no surprise that these two hit it off this fast. Jacob had become much more protective over Ellie and Ava. He barely let anyone into their bunker room, unless he was in there with them. He already had promised the two of them a better life, especially when they walked out of this bunker in six years time. Jacob would do anything to make sure that Ellie and Ava have better lives out in the real world when the time comes but at this moment, all he wanted to do was spend as much time with them both. Even if that meant not working for months, then he'd gladly not work. All he wants is to spend as much time with Ava, before she started growing up.