#5

An hour later I'm on my way to that bar in which I met Chris yesterday. I spot him directly in front of the entrance, looking around and then back on his phone. Now he notices me and smiles. In the daylight I can get a better look of him. He's very tall, which I didn't notice that night and has beautiful green eyes and short brown hair. His smile is friendly and I already know he will be as funny as yesterday, although he is sober. But I can also see that he is very tired and without energy.

"Hey Chris" I greet him.
"Hey Jo. I'm glad you accepted my invitation. I didn't expect that you would actually agree to see me again" he says and smiles.
"Why would I not want to see you again? I think last evening was so funny and I really had a great time. Also I want to get to know you sober." I laugh and Chris blushes a bit. Seems like he is actually a shy person. He asks me to follow him to a small coffee shop he likes. It's not far from the bar so we decide to walk. On our way to the shop we tell each other a little about our lives. I tell him about my job as nurse and that I like to draw, which Chris finds really interesting and he keeps asking questions. I also get to know something about him, he is actually 26 - so he's 3 years younger than me -  and that he loves to cook. We notice that we both love dogs and we both play some instruments.
As we arrive at the coffee shop, Chris opens the door for me and we sit down at a table. We order two Cappuccinos and continue talking and he tries to apologize for his behaviour.
"I'm really sorry, I feel like I acted like an assholes. I normally don't drink that much, but I guess I just needed to forget about my work and all the stuff that's going on" he explaines shortly.
He really seems tired and exhausted. If that is caused by his job he really should get some days off. As he continues to tell me how exhausted he feels sometimes and that his job can be very stressful I start having a certain thought.
"That's relatable, I work in shifts  which can sometimes be really stressful. How about your job?" I ask, hoping for a good sign.
"Well, I have very complicated working times. The most time of the year there us no problem, but twice a year there is this phase full of traveling and working nearly 12 hours a day. I'm in that phase right now and it really affects me as you can see" he says, smiling tiredly. I get a little worried, because all the things he describes make me think of a burnout.
"That really doesn't sound good Chris. I think you should take some time off. I don't know your private situation, but I know these symptoms and I think you are in danger of having a burnout soon. I know, it's none of my business, but I'm really worried" I explain. Chris looks shocked, I think he didn't thought about his problems being connected. He runs his fingers through his hair and looks up.
"Damn, now it makes sense.." He whispers.
"How could I not notice this? Oh god what am I supposed to do now? I can't  just get some days off, I'm supposed to finish my trip in two weeks! Are there any other possibilities? Jo you need to help me" he says, looking me right in the eyes...