#4

I watch Chris talking with his friend and can't help but chuckle.
"Heeeey Moe!... yeeeah, I think I'm drunk...at least that's what this veeery hot nurse here says... no, she's not a stripper... Could you come and pick me up?... thaanks Moe...Yeah I'll activate GPS, just pick me up...see yaaa bro"
I shake my head and watch Chris trying to hit the right button to hang up. Finally he gives me back my phone and grins like a child at Disneyland.
"Damn, I got your number now beautiful" he says and turns around to look me right in the eyes.
"You know my name, but I still don't know yours" he says slowly, still grinning.
"I'm Jo. Well, acually my name is Josephine" I say. Chris smiles and runs his fingers through his hair.
"Josephine...That's a beautiful name... why the short form?" He asks.
"Well, as long as I can remember I've been called Jo instead of Josephine and I just got used to it" I say and shrug.
"Jo...I like that name even more...I'm gonna call you Jo too" he says and grins. I just roll my eyes and laugh.
We keep talking and joking around for some minutes until a big black car stops next to us and honks. A man with a Nike cap, dark hair and beard gets out and walks directly up to Chris, just shaking his head. Chris greets him with a happy
"Mooooeee! Hehehe it rhymes with Joooo".
Moe just asks where his stuff is and I say that I'm gonna get it. So I turn around and walk back into the bar to get his Jacket. As I come back Moe has managed to get drunk Chris in the car and I give him his Jacket back.
Moe now finally turns around and talks to me.
"Thank you for your help. I can promise you that he normally isn't like this, he usually never drinks that much" he thanks me.
"You're welcome, just make sure you give him something sugary to eat when you get home" I say and smile.
Moe smiles back and opens the car door.
"We're home in like 5 minutes, he won't die. Goodbye! And thank you" he says and sits down on the drivers seat.
"Byyyye Joooo!" Chris sings, making Moe roll his eyes and drive off with a smile.

Now I'm standing here alone without jacket and in an uncomfortable silence. I decide to drive back home and go back inside the pub to get my stuff.
During the 15-mimutes-drive I think about that weird incident today. Chris doesn't seem like an alcoholic, but he sure has a very stressful life. Well, at least I know that they live in LA like me, but a little outside the centre. I also think about my mom, who had a burnout some years ago. She's fine now, but I still remember it and can see the symptoms in Chris.
Someone behind me honks aggressively and brings me back into reality. A little angry I drive past the traffic light towards my home, trying to stop thinking about Chris and Moe...

I wake up very tired. I usually don't go to sleep that late, I just need my 8 hours. For me it's very important to get enough sleep, because at the hospital it can decide between life or death. While I'm eating breakfast - a bowl of cereal with milk and fruit - I listen to music. I'm not really that mainstream girl that only listens to the latest chart songs by overrated musicians. Ugh.
No, I don't like rap music. Neither I like country. I know I'm very picky.
I even hate sad love songs. I really hate them. Love is a good thing and although it may hurt sometimes you don't need to write a song complaining about your ex. I listen to EDM instead. I just love musicians like Tiësto, Robin Schulz, David Guetta or Daft Punk and even some newcomers like Slushii or Marshmello.

Just as I want to turn on the TV to watch some series on my day off I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I got a message from an unknown number:

Hey Jo. It's Chris, the drunk idiot in the bar. Moe gave me your number, I hope that's okay. I just wanted to say that I am really sorry about what happened yesterday, I was an idiot and probably ruined your day. And I also wanted to thank you for everything you did to keep me alive XD
I really would love to see you again so that I can show you how sorry I am and maybe get you some coffee or invite you to a restaurant. What do you think?

I smile as I read the message and start typing. I didn't expect that he would remember me!

Hi Chris! I'm very suprised, I didnt expect you to remember anything. And you really don't need to apologize, I really enjoyed your company, the last time I laughed that much was years ago! And sure, I would love to see you again, how about coffee? ^-^

Chris replies in just two minutes and we agree to get coffee in an hour, because we both have a day off and Chris flies to Europe tomorrow. It's just 9 o'clock so we got enough time to grab some coffee and talk. We decide to meet at the bar from yesterday and then walk around the city to find a nice little coffee shop. I think it's very nice of him to apologize to me in that way, I mean we're still strangers...