Chapter Eleven.

After her encounter with Joe (an unpleasant event) and accidentally bumping into a shirtless Nick (a very pleasant event), Demi and the boys were ready to go.

"I expect you all to be back by midnight." Mr. Jonas said as the group was getting ready to leave.

Joe rolled his eyes as he slipped on a pair of white sneakers. Nick let out a small laugh. “We’ll be fine, dad. Don’t worry.”

"It’s not you I’m worried about, Nick." Kevin Sr. said, glaring at Joe who was just walking out the door.

Nick lightly laughed again. “Again, don’t worry. I’ll keep him under control.” Nick reassured with a wink. He turned to Demi and nodded toward the door. “Let’s go.” He opened the door and said a quick bye to his dad as he made his way to the car.

——————

"She knows we’re coming, right?" A very annoyed Joe asked from the passenger seat as they sat in the parking lot of Erica’s store.

"Demi just went in to get her. They’ll be out in a minute." Nick said with the same amount of annoyance as Joe.

Just then, Demi and Erica walked out of the building to save the Jonas boys from their suffering.

"Thank Jesus." Joe mumbled as the two girls got into the back seat.

"Oh, so he’s the asshole!" Erica stated in a playful tone. Nick held in his laughter.

Laughing, Demi nodded. “And you remember Nick.” She said.

"Hey Nick!" Erica greeted. Nick waved his hand while the other was moving the shifter.

Joe looked over at Nick. “I can’t wait for this night to be over.” Nick laughed as he pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the Joe Louis Arena.

——————

"Erica, why don’t you go with Joe to get our seats and Nick, you can come with me to get a beer." Demi directed.

"Sounds good to me." Nick said.

Joe rolled his eyes, for what seemed like the millionth time since they had gotten in the car. “Meet you at our seats.” Joe turned to Erica and nodded his head. “Let’s go.”

Erica followed Joe but not without looking back to Demi with a wink. Nick and Demi watched as Erica placed a hand on Joe’s back and whispered something in his ear. Joe’s head nodded rapidly.

Nick laughed. “I guess we’ll be getting the snacks and the seats.” Demi joined in on the laughter.

——————

Just as Nick predicted, they were the first ones to their seats. They got beers for everyone and got slices of pizza for only the two of them. In Nick’s words, “Joe can fend for himself.”

The group had arrived early enough to watch the Wings warm up. Demi was very excited to see Ericcson up close. She banged against the glass every time he skated by and shouted, “You’re so sexy!” She even got his attention a couple times which made her even more giddy. Nick found it adorable.

In fact, Nick was finding that he loved evreything about spending time with Demi. She brought out this life in him that no one else ever had.

Once warm ups were done, music started blaring throughout the arena. Both Nick and Demi stood up and started dancing. This earned them a spot up on the jumbo screen for a couple seconds. Nick would’ve never done that with anyone else, only Demi.

Joe and Erica finally came to the seats. Joe’s hair looked more messy than usual. Both of them had lipstick smeared over their lips and a couple hickies on their necks. Nick and Demi looked at each other and bit their lips to keep from laughing.

"Ha ha." Joe sarcastically laughed. He held out his hand. "Give me my beer." He demanded and Nick handed him his - now warm - beer.

——————

Nick had never seen anyone, let alone a girl, as into hockey as Demi was. He was surprised the refs hadn’t thrown her out of the game with how bad she was yelling at them; and they could hear her.

After the first period, Nick and Demi left Joe and Erica at the seats and walked around the arena. Nick bought Demi an Ericcson jersey and she wore it over her clothes.

"You having fun?" Nick asked to make conversation.

"Are you kidding me?! This is one of the best nights of my life." She replied. Nick smiled to himself. "Thank you." She said.

Nick shrugged. “No big deal.”

"No really, thank you. These past few days have been…" She searched for the right word. "They’ve been amazing."

You’re telling me, Nick thought. “I guess it’s your payment for going through church this morning.”

Demi waved it off. “That was nothing.”

"Well, praise God." Nick responded, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Isn’t that what Hallelujah means?" Demi asked and Nick nodded.

This church stuff wouldn’t leave Demi’s mind. The more she thought about it, the more different she felt, like she wanted to start over and start living life like how Nick did. “Hey, Nick,” She started. Nick looked at her, waiting for her to continue. “could I maybe come to church with you next Sunday?”

A huge smile came over Nick’s face. “Of course. On one condition though.”

"What’s that?"

"No making out with Joe this time." They both burst out laughing.

——————

They returned to their seats with about five minutes left before the Wings came back out to warm up for the next period. Nick looked up at the jumbo screen and saw a heart design on it. It was the kiss cam. Joe and Erica obviously had to problem with kissing because as soon as Nick and Demi arrived back at the seats, Joe’s tongue was halfway down Erica’s throat.

Nick watched as the screen showed different couples kissing. Some were enthusiastic about it while others simply did it because they were on the jumbo screen. Then two familiar faces showed up on the screen: his and Demi’s.

Demi’s eyes widened and so did Nick’s. They looked at each other.

"Well, I guess we better do it." Nick awkwardly said.

"I guess so." Demi agreed.

Slowly, they leaned in. Demi expected this one to be just the same as the one they shared on the couch the night before: short and sweet. But when their lips collided, it felt like fireworks exploding. This kiss was definitely longer and way sweeter than the couch one. She even felt Nick’s hand cup her cheeks as he deepened the kiss.

"Get some!"

That’s when they pulled apart. Of course Joe had to ruin their moment. Nick and Demi looked at each other and smiled. They both could tell that their feelings for each other had definitely changed after that kiss.