Chapter Five.

"So, is it cool if she stays?" Nick asked his parents. His eyes were begging Mr. and Mrs. Jonas to say yes. Demi stood next to him, looking at his parents, waiting for their answer.

Mr. and Mrs. Jonas glanced at each other. Then, Mr. Jonas looked back to Nick and nodded. Nick’s face lit up. He ran and gave his parents a big hug.

"Thank you." He said, releasing them and taking his spot next to Demi.

"Yeah, thanks." Demi also said, smiling at the Jonas parents.

Mrs. Jonas turned to Demi and fake smiled at her. “You’ll be staying in Frankie’s room, which is right across the hall from ours. We don’t want anymore funny business going on.” Mrs. Jonas remarked, recalling what had just happened ten minutes ago. Demi nodded, understanding her circumstances. Mrs. Jonas glanced at her watch. “Oh, look. 11:30. Time for bed.” She looked up at the teenagers and smiled. “I’ll show you to your room, Demi.” Mrs. Jonas offered.

Demi looked at Nick, who gave her a smile and nod. “Alright. Thanks, Mrs. Jonas.” Demi replied. She stepped over a bit so Mrs. Jonas could pass, then Demi followed her.

————————————————————-

It was now midnight and Demi was laying in Frankie’s bed, starring up at the ceiling, bored out of her mind.

After Mrs. Jonas left her alone, Demi went through everything in the youngest Jonas’ room, trying to find something to entertain her. She ended up playing a Pokemon game on his old Gameboy Color. That was only fun for a good five minutes.

She really wanted to go see Nick. However, she was afraid that Mama Bear (her little nickname for Mrs. Jonas) would hear her and go all psycho on her. So, that’s why she was laying in an 13 year old’s bed on a Saturday night.

Suddenly her door slowly opened. Demi sat up and saw Nick’s head poking into her room. “What are you doing here?” She whispered. “Won’t your parents kill you if they see you?” She asked as she walked over to him.

Nick smiled. “They usually fall asleep after the first half hour of David Letterman. Besides, we have a movie to watch.” Nick pointed out, holing up the DVD case for Pretty Woman. Demi looked down at the movie and smiled, Nick actually remembered. Nick nodded his head out the door. “Come on, we’re watching it in the living room.”

Once Nick’s head went out the door again, Demi stepped out of the room and followed him. All they had to do was go down the hall, walk down the stairs, and then they were in the living room.

Nick pointed toward the couch. “You can take a seat. I’m putting in the movie.” He said, walking over to the entertainment system they had. Demi took a seat on the couch as Nick turned the television on and popped the DVD into the DVD player. Nick turned to Demi and asked, “You want anything to eat? Drink?”

"I’d love a sex on the beach." Demi joked, but Nick couldn’t tell. His eyes widened. He actually thought she meant she wanted to have sex on the beach. Demi laughed at Nick’s reaction. "It’s a drink and I was just kidding. I’m fine. God, you know how to play strip poker, but not alcoholic beverages?"

Nick let out a nervous laugh. “Right, well strip poker’s fun to play. I don’t drink.” He explained, a tad embarassed. Grabbing the remotes for the DVD player and TV, Nick took a seat on the opposite end of the couch from Demi. “Just a warning, but you’ll probbly get only a couple hours of sleep tonight. We have to get up around six to get ready for church.” Nick announced.

"It’s alright. I’m used to getting like a total of three hours of sleep every night." Demi exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." Nick said, referring to Demi’s job.