Chapter 15 - Arnav admires Khushi!

Start from the beginning

Soon they went inside welcomed by a happy and joyful Mary and Johnny. Arnav and Khushi were chatting with the couple, while the family and Aashi were playing with the kids.

Aman was busy instructing the men to place the boxes inside the NGO.

"Nahin Payal.. Sorry..You see today I'm with family to donate goods in a NGO.." Akash said talking over the phone with Payal who just invited him for a date.

NK winked at him showing thumbs up. While Akash hang up the call and sighed.

"It's so strange! When I wanted Payal, she used to run away from me. Now that I'm avoiding her, she's coming behind me!" Akash said.

"Girls only want attention! I tell you.." Nk rolled his eyes.

*********************************************

After running here and there, and playing many games with the kids. A tired Aashi look around to spot her parents.

Arnav already knew she was tired from playing now, and she needs him. He walked towards her,but stopped on his tracks when he found Khushi reached to Aashi first than him.

Khushi wiped Aashi's face with her duppata softly and kissed her forehead lovingly with a warm smile.

Then she made Aashi drink water.

Arnav watched all this with an amused smile on his face. If he's noticing well, then Khushi has really started to take a special place in Aashi's heart. Aashi never accepts anyone other than him, or his family. And today she didn't mind, that Khushi was the one taking care of her instead of him.

Khushi lifted Aashi, who wrapped her little arms around Khushi's neck and rested her chin on Khushi's shoulder.

Arnav walked towards them, "Aashi is sleepy now. You should take her to the car to rest. We would be leaving soon anyway.."

"Nahin! Aashi not sleepy.." Aashi whined.

"Don't be stubborn Aashi.. I know you're tired and sleepy!" Arnav said patting her back softly.

"Aashi is not sleepy! And by the way, it's my time now to tell stories to the kids.. I never leave from here before sharing stories with them.." Khushi said.

Arnav glared at her, while Khushi smile and called the kids inside the NGO.

They all went inside for a while to wait for Khushi. Khushi went to the kids room with them and Aashi in her arms.

She made Aashi sit on her lap, Aashi rested her head on Khushi's chest.

"So today we'll know about.." she started narrating a story to the as usual excited kids to learn something from their Didi.

After sometime, Arnav walked in the room to call her, as they needed to go back home. He was astonished seeing the kids sleeping peacefully and his daughter too. Aashi was looking like a little angel sleeping in Khushi's arms. Khushi looked like her real mother, no one would have guessed that Khushi isn't Aashi's real mother. The smile and care in her eyes for that child right now was so real and pure. He could feel it even standing a little far from them, she didn't take this only as a responsibility but out of love too!

He cleared his throat to gain her attention.

Khushi looked at him and signaled him to keep quiet putting her finger on her lip.

He didn't say anything further, and gestured with his hands that they need to go!

Khushi nodded and stood up, carefully handling Aashi in her arms. She looked down and saw her purse, she was in dillema if she bends to take it Aashi might wake up, but if she doesn't her purse will stay there only.

Arnav looked at her disturbed face, he walked towards her and bend to take her purse in his hands, after that he signaled her with his eyes to go ahead.

She smiled to him as if thanking him, and then walked outside the room. Arnav followed her and closed the door of the room slowly to not disturb the kids sleep inside.

********************************************

The family looked at Khushi coming downstairs with a sleeping Aashi, while Arnav was following her behind holding Khushi's purse.

Anjali giggled with Nani after seeing this scene.

Arnav glared at both because he knew that they were laughing because he was holding Khushi's purse.

"Perfect couple!" Shyam whispered to Arnav as they reached downstairs, "This is how wives like it..Husband should do these little things to win their heart.."

Arnav smacked Shyam's arms frowning, "You guys love to tease right? I was just helping her not doing any husband's duty.."

Shyam laughed caressing his arm.

"We'll leave now Mary bitiya.." Nani said smiling, "Hope we will meet again and enjoy together a wonderful day like this.."

"Sure! We will be waiting only for you all to come.. Thank you for always keeping in mind our kids.."

Mary said and Johnny smiled.

Khushi smile waving at them, and Arnav also hugged them before leaving.

**********************************************

At night..

Khushi walked out of the bathroom after making Aashi fresh up, she placed Aashi on the bed and took her pyjama.

"Friend.. I enjoyed a lot today.. I like to play with friends in galden.." Aashi squealed happily while Khushi help her dress up. Khushi smile, "I also enjoyed a lot with you! Did make friends at that house?"

Aashi nodded, "Many!"

"Acha? Tell me their names.." Khushi said smiling, and made her lay on the bed.

Aashi held Khushi's hand tightly, "They ale so many! Aashi can't remembel names now.. All speak same time.."

Khushi giggled softly, she kissed Aashi's cheek, "Oww my baby.. With time, you will remember everyone's name ok?"

Aashi smile nodding. Khushi talked with her for a while, then Aashi fell asleep still she was holding Khushi's hand tightly.

Khushi slowly released her hand from Aashi's with a heavy heart, the way Aashi held her clearly showed that Aashi didn't want her to go. She stood up to go, when her eyes landed on Aashi's feet sneaking out of her blanket.

She smiled and kissed Aashi's feet warmly, then covered her feet with the blanket again.

Arnav watched the last scene as he came to wish good night to his baby.

Rabba veee.. Rabba vee..

Khushi walked to go and faces him, "Woh.. She slept.."

Arnav nodded his head, "I just came to give her a goodnight kiss.."

Khushi left from there and Arnav kissed Aashi's forehead whispering a goodnight to her.