Gone

It was the morning that my beloved would be leaving and the day my parents would be arriving. And all I could do was sit in my bed and sulk about the time I'll lose with Jon.

"Lily you alright?" Raelina asked walking into the room.

"You only wear Jon's sweatshirt when you're sad." She whispered.

She was right, I only wear this when I'm sad because it smells like him and makes me feel safe.

"I know you guys haven't been together that long, but I know how it feels to also feel so strongly for someone." She said coming closer to me and pulling me into a hug.

"Rae what if this is my last opportunity to make my life and make it what I want? I mean my parents will be here in 5 hours and Jon leaves the state in 4."

"Then pack your bags, pick your ass up and get your ass in the car I'm not letting you miss this opportunity." She said pulling me off the bed.

"What about my parents?" I asked.

"Shawn will pick them up. Then they'll either be happy for you or they'll fly back home. But lily this is your life, so make it yours and forget about them." She said handing me a bag.

"You're right." I said hugging raelina and packing my bag.

-45 minutes later-

"Ready?" Raelina said getting in the front seat of her Jeep Wrangler.

"Ready." I said with a smile.

"Hey babe!" Raelina yelled out the window.

"They bite so be careful!"

"Wait what?!" He said getting in his drivers seat.

She laughed and sped away.

"So are we breaking the law and getting there or are we going to be orderly?"

"Raelina if you don't get us killed or pulled over I'm happy." I replied.

"The fast lane it is." She said with a devilish grin.

65 mph.

75 mph.

85 mph.

90 mph.

She was going so fast that my head was glued to the headrest.

"Looky there, now instead of 3 hours and 55 minutes it's 3 hours and 15 minutes."

"Raelina!" I said laughing.

"Alright there's a quicker way, I'm gonna break so hold on to something." She said putting her arm out being all motherly to make sure I didn't jolt forward as she pressed the breaks.

"You good?" She asked looking at me.

"Yeah let's go!" I said and she sped up again.

-3 hours later-

"Here we are!" She yelled pulling in quickly to the bust station.

"HIS BUS NUMBER IS 2298!" She yelled out the window as I ran, bags in hand through the parked buses.

"2298!" I yelled spotting the bus and running to the doors.

"Jon!" I yelled into the bus.

"Lily?!" He yelled back emerging from the back of the bus.

"Lily!" He shouted again hugging me.

"I knew I needed to come. I knew I needed this, needed you." I whispered to him.

"What about your parents?" He asked.

"They'll just have to figure out that I'm a grown ass woman and can do what I need to do to be me. And what i need to do is be with you." I told him kissing him and hugging him again.

"I love you lily."

"I love you Jon."