"You all right?" Leo asked. "You're not going to throw up over the side, are you? 'Cause I should've brought my camera."

Jason grabbed the railing which made Hermia turn toward him. He was shivering and sweaty, but it had nothing to do with heights. He blinked, and the pain behind his eyes subsided. Hermia walked over to boys with eyes full of concern. "Are you okay?" She asked as she placed her hand on Jason's shoulder.

"I'm fine," he managed as his electric blue eyes found her sea green ones. "Just a headache." Thunder rumbled overhead. A cold wind almost knocked him sideways but Mia kept him up right.

"This can't be safe." Leo squinted at the clouds. "Storm's right over us, but it's clear all the way around. Weird, huh?"

Hermia turned her head upward at the same time Jason looked up and saw Leo was right. A dark circle of clouds had parked itself over the skywalk, but the rest of the sky in every direction was perfectly clear. Jason had a bad feeling about that.

"All right, cupcakes!" Coach Hedge yelled. He frowned at the storm like it bothered him too. "We may have to cut this short, so get to work! Remember, complete sentences!"

The storm rumbled, and Jason's head began to hurt again. Not knowing why he did it, he reached into his jean pocket and brought out a coin-a circle of gold the size of a half-dollar, but thicker and more uneven. Stamped on one side was a picture of a battle-ax. On the other was some guy's face wreathed in laurels. The inscription said something like ivlivs.

"Dang, is that gold?" Leo asked as Hermia let go of Jason. Her eyes watched him in confusion as Leo said, "You been holding out on me!"

Jason put the coin away, wondering how he'd come to have it, and why he had the feeling he was going to need it soon. "It's nothing," he said even though he had a feeling Hermia wasn't buying it. "Just a coin."

Leo shrugged. Maybe his mind had to keep moving as much as his hands. "Come on," he said. "Dare you to spit over the edge."

"That's gross." The red head gagged as she moved a step away from Leo. Even though this wasn't the moment Jason found himself smiling at her.

He didn't know why but he did feel some chemistry between them. He didn't remember much, but there was one memory that kept playing over and over. That memory being that he's talked about her before. He didn't know to who he was talking to or why but he could perfectly remember her name. Hermia Waverly King.

After Mia went back to finish her work with her partner Jason and Leo didn't try very hard to finish there worksheet. For one thing, Jason was too distracted by the storm and his own mixed-up feelings. For another thing, he didn't have any idea how to "name three sedimentary strata you observe" or "describe two examples of erosion." Leo was no help. He was too busy building a helicopter out of pipe cleaners.

"Check it out." He launched the copter. Jason figured it would plummet, but the pipe-cleaner blades actually spun. The little copter made it halfway across the canyon before it lost momentum and spiraled into the void.

"How'd you do that?" Jason asked.

Leo shrugged. "Would've been cooler if I had some rubber bands."

"Seriously," Jason said, "are we friends?"

"Last I checked."

"You sure? What was the first day we met? What did we talk about?"

"It was ..." Leo frowned. "I don't recall exactly. I'm ADHD, man. You can't expect me to remember details."

"But I don't remember you at all and nether does Hermia. I don't remember anyone here, she doesn't remember anyone here." He paused as his gaze moved to the red head. "Well, the only thing I seem to remember is Hermia's name, but what if-"