Chapter Eight- Bloody

this is hella short but for some stupid reason I planned literally nothing for this chapter so

I brushed away his hair from his sweaty forehead, my hand covered in blood and shaking like crazy.

Chapter Eight- Bloody

Amelia's POV

 I glanced to my side at River, my Beta and close friend, his happiness radiating off of him. I smiled when he smiled and I laughed when he laughed. He was just an overall joyful and caring person. Not only does he make everyone around him happy but he serves others as if that was his main goal in life. 

"I'm surprised that you're even still alive," he said, causing Ashton to chuckle as he stuffed another piece of cookie into his mouth. 

Leo snuggled closer into his twins side as if remembering what happened to his mate brought him misery.

River froze suddenly, his eyes scanning the area and his nose twitching from taking in deep breaths. Leo and Ashton payed no attention to River.

"What's wrong, Riv?" I questioned as I played with the fries on my plate. My food was beautifully arranged on my plate when River had given it to me earlier but now, the fries and chicken nuggets were unevenly scattered across the surface.

"Do you smell that?" I poked my nose into the air, inhaling deeply before almost gagging on the wretched smell. I stood up quick and took off towards the front door,  everyone else following behind me.

I threw open the door, revealing a pack of rogues already attacking my guards. I shifted immediately and dived head first into the swarm of wolves.

I bit into one of the wolves neck before tossing him to the side and attacking another. I tackled a muddy brown wolf and ripped into his chest with my claws and teeth. Blood trickled down my dirty fur and dropped to the ground below, covering a patch of grass, causing it to appear a dark red color.

I heard a distant howl, a cry for help and I was quick to run towards the cry but I was too late. We were all too late. I stared at the huge black wolf that had his jaw clenched tightly on River's abdomen.

I pounced on the rogue Alpha's back and yanked him backwards until I heard the satisfying snap of his back. I threw him against the nearest tree before facing the rest of the rogues.

I growled deeply as I crouched in front of River's body, daring someone to try and come near him. The wolves looked lost for a second before they ran off with their tails in between their legs.

Shifting back, I crouched beside River, who had shifted back to his human form. His face was already pale and covered in small scratches. I placed my hand on his bleeding wound, wishing I could heal him immediately.

"Get Holly!" I screamed, my voice trembling slightly. My face felt hot as I tried to contain the unshed tears. "You're going to be okay, Riv. I'm right here."

I brushed away his hair from his sweaty forehead, my hand covered in blood and shaking like crazy. A single tear slipped down my face and onto his bare chest. 

I wasn't accumstomed with the feeling of loss. I wasn't fond with the feelings and emotions that accompanied lossing someone dear to you. Hatred for the person that caused this and massive amounts of doubt filled my mind.  If only he had been attacked by a regular rogue and not an Alpha. He would have been okay but he wasn't. I couldn't help but feel that it was my fault that he was hurt. It was always my fault that someone was hurt.