⠀⠀𝟰𝟮. ❛ DON'T FORGET, IT'S IN THE EYES ❜

Start from the beginning

     The redhead scowled. "You deserve to have your whole face burned off. Better yet, you deserve to be burned alive and turned into the nasty, disgusting pile of ashes that you are."

     A small frown teetered on the speedster's lips for a moment as her words sunk in. "You don't mean that," he whispered, watching as those four simple words caused her to lower the bow.

     Feeling her breath getting caught in her throat as she held eye contact with him, Piper's eyes teared up.

     She hated it.

     She hated how his words affected her; how he had this gravitational pull over her that only made her want to be closer to him; how he was still able to have the butterfly effect on her that her Barry Allen had.

     She knew that the love she had for him was misplaced, but that fact didn't make the reality of how easy it was to be with him any better. Being with Savitar, this version of Barry, was easier than being with the Barry Allen.

     "I can see it in your eyes," the speedster murmured softly, walking towards her. "Love. I can see it."

     "What you're seeing is called 'tears,'" she retorted, taking a step back as he moved closer.

     "You don't need to be afraid of me. I'm done hurting you." Barry promised, reaching forward to touch her arm, but she quickly drew her bow, pressing the tip of an arrow to his chest. Glancing down at the object separating them, the speedster sighed.

     "Pipes—"

     "Don't call me that."

     "P—"

     "Why are you here?"

     It was silent as the two held eye contact. Eventually, the brown-haired man glanced away from her killing, cold glare. "The deal. I need your answer," he stated bluntly, looking back at her with an emotionless expression; all evidence of love, concern, and care gone.

     "I don't negotiate with psychotic murderers, sorry," she shrugged, pressing the tip further into the speedster's chest. He didn't even wince as he felt it slightly tear through his shirt and skin.

     "I'm not leaving until you give me an answer, and if that answer is no, I won't hesitate to kill everyone upstairs." Barry hissed, his patience wearing thin as he was done playing the nice guy. The amount of time he had to get her to say yes was short and passed by quickly. If he wanted to further his progress, he needed her to answer today.

     "Touch any of them, and I will kill you." Piper threatened, rage running through her veins like a deathly poison.

     "Maybe I'll start with Iris West first," he pondered, stroking his chin. "Seeing the love of your life die before your eyes can really destroy you, don't you think? How do you think Erin would cope with the loss of her girlfriend knowing you could've prevented it?"

     She clenched her jaw.

     "Wait, what about Caitlin Snow? The woman who cared for you and mended you back together multiple times, despite knowing that you lied to her for months about the real identity of Jay Garrick?" Barry jeered. "Or how about Harrison Wells? The narcissistic, emotionless, and overly-suspicious scientist whose trust in you always wavered despite your numerous attempts at saving him and the others and helping the team at all costs? Wait, scratch that. What about Cisco Ramon? The man who has loved you endlessly since day one, supported you, shared his food with you, created inside jokes with you, and would do anything for you? I wonder how his death would affect you..."