Chapter 5

Over the next few weeks, Dan managed to lose the half a stone he had gained and he was pretty proud of himself. He had been able to resist food pretty well ever since that night with the Chinese food.

Dan walked out of their en suite bathroom. "You sure you have everything?"

Phil rolled his eyes, "Yes I'm sure mum."

"I'm not sure where you're going then if I'm your mum," Dan giggled.

"Oh no, you caught me; I'm really off to see my secret husband," Phil joked.

The smile fell from Dan's face. Of course he knew Phil was joking but it still kinda hurt.

"Come on, you know I'm kidding." "Come on," Phil said, throwing a sweater unfolded into his suitcase.

"You know I was just joking love. You know you're the only one for me."

Phil snaked his arm around Dan's waist and pulled him closer.

"I know," Dan mumbled.

"Love, I don't know what's been going on lately but you know you can tell me anything right?" Phil said almost pleadingly.

"Yeah of course," he answered, averting his eyes.

"Maybe I should cancel my trip, just stay here for the weekend-"

"No! You can't do that!" Dan interrupted him.

Phil looked at him a bit shocked.

"What I mean is your mum and dad have been looking forward to this trip for a long time and I know you have to. Phil, I promise I'm fine, ok?"

"Ok," he said after a few moments. "But I'm just a phone call or train ride away, ok?"

"I know," Dan smiled at him.

~~~~~

Dan sighed as he set the grocery bags down on the counter. The moment Phil had left for the train station he had gone to Tesco to pick up what he deemed to essentials for the weekend which consisted of several bags of cookies, cupcakes and crips and popcorn. He knew he shouldn't have gotten any of this stuff but he honestly couldn't help himself. He unloaded the bags and started his weekend.

~~~~~

It was Saturday night and he'd spent most of the day sleeping but the moment he had woken up he had begun snacking. He was at the point now where he thought he was going to burst; his brain was floating and he was content and happy. He was scrolling through Tumblr on his phone a few hours later when he noticed that the happy feeling he was used to feeling after eating was fading. He groaned because there was no way he was eating anything more unless he wanted to be sick all over the floor. But he had another idea.

He padded into the kitchen and opened the cupboard that held all their alcohol. He rummaged around until he found what he was looking for. He pulled out an almost full bottle of wine. Pulling it out he found a wine glass and poured himself a glass and then another an another. And soon he had drunk over half the bottle and he was a little more than tipsy.

He poured himself one more glass and pulled out his phone and hit the number for a local pizza delivery near their flat. He ordered a large pizza with extra cheese because Phil was gone and once that was ordered he presses the little button with Phil's picture.

To Phil

From Dan: I miss you

To Dan

From Phil: aw love I miss you too <3

To Dan

From Phil: So what are you doing?

From Dan

To Phil: Nothing. Slept some today and watch anime

To Dan

From Phil: Watch anime boys without me how scandalous daniel!

To Dan

From Phil: I'm only teasing by the way

Dan rolled his eyes at that message

To Phil

From Dan: I need something sexy to watch while you're gone ;)

Dan giggled.

They exchanged a few more flirtatious messages back in forth before they said goodnight and Phil said he would be back bright in early tomorrow morning.

The ringer for the door went off and Dan went and collected his pizza swaying slightly as he made his way down the stairs.

~~~~~~

Dan didn't even have time to process what was going on before he was up and out of bed and in the bathroom, emptying the contents of his stomach. Undigested pizza and food were in the toilet and the sight of it made Dan want to be sick again.

"What's going on?" Phil asked, rubbing his eyes and coming into the bathroom.

Dan only had a moment to look confused before another wave of nausea hit him and he was leaning back over the toilet again.

"You ok?" Phil asked, blinking the sleep from his eyes.

"Yeah, I think so."

Once Dan was sure he wasn't going to get sick again, he flushed and stood up making his way back into the bedroom.

"When did you get home?" Dan asked him, sitting down on the bed next to him.

"Early this morning. You were still asleep and you looked really tired so I figured I'd let you sleep," he said.

"Mmm," Dan said shoving his face into Phil's side.

"Did you have a good time?" he asked.

"Yeah it was fine, it was good to see mum and dad and of course Martyn and Corn. But it would have been more fun to stay here with you."

"Really?" he asked, not really getting his hopes up that Phil would actually rather want to spend time with him than his family.

"Of course! I'd always choose you over anything, Dan," Phil said.

Dan looked up at his eyes close to filling up with tears.

"I love you so much," Phil mumbled pulling him up for a sweet but gentle kiss on the lips.

When they broke apart, Dan did have tears on his face, "I love you too Phil," he said, shoving his face into his chest. He didn't know how someone like Phil could love someone like him, but right now he wasn't going to question it.

And while it was far from his mind, he promised to never eat so much as to throw up again.