Chapter 8 - Watching movies!

Start from the beginning

He came back after few minutes from his hurried bath, as he cannot let his daughter wait for him for much time.

He leaned on the bed headboard and Aashi excitedly sat on his lap.

He caressed her hair playing with her soft curls, while Aashi kept telling him what she did from the time he left in the morning till now.

There was not even a single sentence she said without uttering Khushi's name. Everything Khushi, that he rolled his eyes annoyed of hearing her name countless times.

"What did you do without Khushi?" he asked.

"Kuch nahin (Nothing).." an innocent Aashi replied not getting what her father meant by that question.

"Papa Friend is very nice! Aashi likes hel a lot.." Aashi said smiling and playing with her fingers shyly.

Arnav was surprised with her sudden confession, he could see it from Aashi's eyes that she liked Khushi's company and somewhere his heart was at peace now that he didn't marry Sheetal but life gave him someone that was accepted instantly by his daughter. Arnav knew that Aashi didn't like Sheetal, but he thought with time she would start to like her but here with Khushi, he didn't even had to wait much for the miracle to happen.

"Papa.." Aashi called him, and he nodded as signaling her to continue, "Friend will stay with me always?"

"Always!!" he replied nodding and Aashi's hopeful face till now burst with happiness.

********************************************

After having dinner, the family sat together at the living room watching movie by Nani's choice.

Arnav rolled his eyes seeing that its a Hindi movie and that means torture for him!

Anjali rested her head on Shyam's shoulder smiling shyly.

"Hey Meri Ma! Please decide whether you want to sit at left side or right.." Mama said tiring of Mami asking him to change his seat everytime as she was checking which side is better to watch the movie comfortable.

"I'm at my seat quietly Manohar.." Nani replied confused.

"I'm not talking with you Ma. I'm talking with her.." he pointed to Mami.

"Then say Meri biwi na.. What's is this Meri MA?" Nani pouted caressing Laxmi's neck, who excitedly came to watch movie.

"Will we watch the movie with this goat?" Arnav asked sarcastically.

Nani glared at him, while Anjali shook her head: Chote she's Laxmi! I don't understand why you don't like her when your daughter also like her.

"Laxmi is not my daughter that I should like her.." Arnav replied.

Anjali sighed in defeat. Khushi came back after making Aashi sleep since she was very tired of playing the afternoon with her new friends at NGO.

"Ayee DM! We are going to watch Bodyguard! It's one of my favorite movie.." Khushi exclaimed.

"Tell me what's the movie you hate, I will make you watch that in our room!" Arnav said mockingly.

"Watching a movie with you in OUR room will make me love even the movie" Khushi replied blushing.

Arnav rolled his eyes muttering, "Unbelievable.."

Khushi giggled and went to the kitchen to take popcorns and cold drinks for them. With the help of HP she brought that for everyone in the living room.

NK switched off the lights and went to sit with his partner in crime, Akash.

Khushi sat beside Arnav making him frown.