Twelve

The past two hours, Shouta has been instructing me. It was presently mid-day Sunday, and though I would have preferred to have my weekend off to rest, he was persistent, and compelled a strict training schedule onto me.

    After I read the reports on Friday and my conscience was cleared, after training with him, I went back to my room and ended up getting six hours of sleep, which was over average for me. As stated, it is difficult to get a normal eight-to-nine hours of sleep per night with my particular quirk, and really, my body doesn't need it. Those six hours are the equivalent to a normal person receiving about ten.

    I felt like I could conquer the world.

    Not literally, but you know what I mean.

    Though, I would be lying if I said the subject of that Damien man and what I've done has completely left my mind. It hasn't, and quite frankly, never will, but I think everything is going to be okay. And I can live with okay.

    My Saturday was spent relaxing and then training that afternoon, as is today.

    I felt a tear of sweat fall from my forehead as I took a heavy drink from my water bottle, frame sitting on a bench.

    Today, since it was the weekend and the students weren't around, we were in the training fields. Though it was cool outside, the sun beat down on me, not helping my already risen temperature from the strenuous activity that took place in the last two hours.

    Shouta excused himself to retreat to the restroom, leaving me temporarily all alone.

    The past three days, he has been teaching me self-defense methods, taking it easy on me before we actually begin to work with my dark stance. I was anxious to begin my actual quirk training, but I understood why he chose to step away from quirk use and focus on general combat.

    Running my water bottle over my forehead to aid in lowering my temperature, I followed up by setting the beverage down, finally gaining control of my breathing.

    In the distance, all you could really hear were car horns and wind, but if you listen closer, you could even hear the soft, faint chirp of a family of common rose finches. I eventually saw one take off and fly overhead, and upon seeing this, I couldn't help but smile.

    I was absolutely in love with nature, and I didn't know if that was Order or just a general interest of mine. After all, Order has the ability to revive nature by just a simple touch.

    You could see this now, as I chose to stand and wonder closer to the wooded area within U.A walls, scanning the trees, and spotting the occasional abandoned bird nest. It was still winter, thus most of the trees were baron and life was hibernating until Spring. Yet, as my hand subtly traced over one's bark, you could see as it's color slowly shifted to a healthier brown, and buds sprouted on it's branches.

    It was moments such as this that I realize how precious my quirk is and how much it needs to be protected. Not for my sake, not for others, but for life as a whole.

    My eyes gazed downward as my hand retracted from the tree. I then brushed it against my sweat pants to remove the excess bark that attached to my skin.

    "Impressive," a voice said from behind me.

    I turned to face Shouta. He was leaning against one of the trees, hands shoved in his black pant pockets. "What?" I asked curiously, crossing my arms.

    He ushered his head towards the tree I previously touched before pushing himself off his and walking towards me. "These trees are older than I am," a soft snicker erupted from his throat, "One trace of Amora Young and it looks like a sapling in May."