Prologue

Heaven, and Hell.

Angels, and Demons.

Sugar, and Spice.

Summer, and Winter.

Heroes, and Villains.

I was the result of restrained passion.

Romeo, and Juliet.

You can't help who you fall in love with. Not really.

She couldn't.

But what I could do at the time was wipe the tears from my mothers eyes when he left us.

A villain who was so addicted to his work, he became ashamed of his own family.

A hero who was so obsessed with purifying his wickedness, she allowed her morals to slip from her grasp.

A child with the mindset of both, struggling to find her place in the world.

"Her father was a. . . villain. He can manipulate darkness. His quirk is more damage-dealing and can decay any life he can get a hold of. The effect depends on his own will and energy."

A tall, exceedingly beautiful, Japanese-American woman sat upon a mere chair within the infirmary, the doctor faced her in his own seating, and wrote down something on his pad.

A child laid quietly on the hospital cot placed for convenience, staring at the ceiling as she repetitively tapped her fingers on the bedding.

"Mine, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. My quirk can heal life and injury, and provide strength, but can not revive individuals or nature from death."

The doctor concluded his scribbling and turned to his desk, scrolling through his computer, examining further information.

"Ms. Shuzenji, it is very common for a child to inherit both of their parents' quirks, I'm sure you're aware, and combine them into one, but Amora's supposed 'quirk' seems to be more of a disorder in disguise, so to speak."

The woman furrowed her eyebrows at the thought that there might be something wrong with her child, "What are you saying?"

The doctor took off his glasses and turned to Shuzenji. "The personality symptoms you described are similar to that of D.I.D uncommonly seen in quirk-less individuals."

"D.I.D?"

"Dissociative Identity Disorder. It is a psychological disorder where two or more distinct personalities or identities are present in an individual. In your daughters case, it is just two, and both seem to be alternatively taking control of her body."

The woman remained quiet, trying to comprehend what the man was saying.

"Of course, I can't and will not diagnose her with this disorder, for Amora is definitely not quirk-less, therefore this is a case that belongs in its own category. Your daughter has seemed to inherit both your healing quirk and her fathers void, but instead of them actually forging, some trauma that may have happened caused the brain to separate and label them as two different 'people' in one body. Though her more peaceful personality appears to be dominant over the more aggressive one, she has little to no control on her 'dissociations' that seem to occur through a provoking atmosphere. Honestly, Ms. Shuzenji, she may not ever be able to, which can possibly be threatening to not only herself, but to anyone around her. I highly recommend admitting her into a psychiatric hospital―"

    "You want me to send my daughter away because you fear the safety of others," suddenly, anger surged through the woman, making her briskly stand, also gaining the attention of the child who was laying on the bed. "I will not―"

    "Ms. Shuzenji, I beg you listen to me! Amora is currently just showing personality symptoms. When she begins to develop the physical aptitude of her quirk, it can be very life threatening without proper quirk therapy. If her quirk is as similar to the dissociative disorder as I presume, she will not be able to control or predict her dissociations."

    "We'll find a way. We always do," Shuzenji responded immediately. As the man spoke and pleaded with her, the woman quickly began to grab her things along with the hand of her child, abruptly leaving the hospital room without a verbal parting.

INTRODUCING:
THROUGH CHAOS AND ORDER
© INTELLIGXNCE 2018

CHAPTER ONE AVAILABLE NOW.