Three

Our first day of junior high school! How exciting! I hope we make some new friends!

Anyone who dares to cross my path will burn!

Class 1—A of U.A. The top Hero course. I can't believe I was here, standing in front of this abnormally large door, about to enter the classroom that was going to teach me how to be a hero. Never would I of thought I'd be here today.

I remember the look my mother had on her face as we stood in front of the mirror back at home, getting my uniform together. I've never seen her look at me with such pride, tears even coming to her eyes, but there was still hesitation, and I don't blame her.

But U.A. was a place I could feel safe, a place I can learn control and ultimately be a great hero like her. So, when I received my acceptance letter, one can only imagine the happiness and exhilaration I had.

With a deep breath, my hand reached for the door, and stepped in the room. The class was full of students chatting, and laughing, discussing each others quirks and their corresponding excitement for school. The pure aura that emitted from the room made a smile come to my face, but as I spotted an empty seat in the second-to-last row to the back, I decided to make my way to claim it. That is, until somebody jumped in front of me.

"What's up, girl! Are you ready to be seduced!?" A man with spiky, blonde hair shouted enthusiastically, and quite loudly, gaining the attention of a few other students, body also posing to match such behavior. I froze, thoroughly crept out.

"Smart choice of wording, Hizashi." Another boy said sarcastically, coming up behind him. This one had longer black hair, and just looked bored. It was honestly depressing my vibe.

"Hizashi" stood down, mumbling a simple, "Huh?" before turning to his supposed friend.

"Excuse his. . . vibrancy. He has this thing about becoming a radio show host," said the dark-haired boy.

"Indeed!" The blonde agreed immediately, attitude returning ecstatic. I, on the other hand, remained frozen. I really didn't understand what was happening right now. "I will be the best host in Japan, that I promise! Oh, I almost forgot, my bad! I am Hizashi Yamada! And you?"

His loudness was terrifying, but at the same time, kind of hilarious.

Saying that, I went from being absolutely frozen to laughing hysterically, making the two boys in front of me go silent. Laughter soon died down to chuckles as I finally answered, "I am Amora Young!" and bowed respectfully.

"Yo, a girl of tradition!" Yamada said, "Strange, though, you don't look or sound Japanese."

"It's because I am not. I was born in America. My father is American and my mother is half. Japanese is not my first language." I admitted, but the boy only smiled in acceptance.

"That's so cool!"

Oh boy! Making friends already!

This ghetto blaster is making my ears bleed!

Be nice!

The sudden arguing going on in my head made my smile turn into a frown without me even noticing. I soon turned and took my seat.

"Hey, man, you good?" Yamada asked.

Forcing my smile back on, I turned to him and nodded. Everyone began to take their seats as the final bell rang. The dark-haired boy sat behind me, while Hizashi sat to the left of him. I turned to the boy behind me, "What is your name?" I asked him politely.