Seven

As Amora departed from the bar, Shouta was at a stand still.

He just watched her leave, contemplating to himself whether he should go after her or not before deciding to leave her be. He shouldn't be the one to go after her, it should be the other way around, but still, this wasn't really a matter of mending past mistakes, but more of protection. After the other day, Nezu declared U.A keep Amora Young safe and guarded, which included the staff. He was dragged into this whether he wanted to be or not.

Nonetheless, in the end, he figured she would be better off alone to cool off. He himself was quite aggravated as well, and partially drunk. The two simply does not go well together. Besides, the journey back to U.A should be harmless, for the city is quite lit up and there should still be quite a bit of people out still.

The man turned around and decided to head back inside after a few minutes. When he entered, all he heard were drunken shouts of victory over that tedious pool game. Hizashi won, but only because Shouta shot the majority in in the first place.

Now that he thinks about it, perhaps he was being over dramatic about what happened between him and Amora. It was over ten years ago, and quite frankly, he was acting like a child being so unmannerly towards her about that. It was immature.

But still, he would be lying if he said it doesn't still hurt when he thinks about her. After all, she was his first genuine crush, and his first everything, as strange as it sounds.

He has only seen one other person since Amora: Ms. Joke, when their workplaces were near each other. He wouldn't even say they dated. They only went out once, and though she continued to pursue him, he finds her jokes and general disposition quite annoying, but still tolerates her. So really, Amora was the only person he has romantically been with, even if they never declared themselves a couple, besides the occasional one night stands, making such a thing exceptionally difficult to get over.

Shouta merely finds relationships pointless and a waste of time, never again pursuing another woman and instead focusing on his hero work. And he intends to keep this mindset, even with Amora stepping back into his life unexpectedly.

He'll approach her on a later note to apologize for his behavior and promise a professional relationship from then on out. It was the adult thing to do.

"Ay! Welcome back to the party, Shouta! Where's Amora?" Mic asked excitedly, draping his arm over Nemuri's shoulder. Toshinori was situated at the table still, appearing relaxed.

"She left," was all he said. Everyone's smile turned into a frown. Hizashi's enthusiasm immediately died. No matter his drunkenness, he managed to focus on the more serious note.

"You let her leave?" He inquired, setting his drink down and removing his arm from Midnight.

"She wasn't. . . feeling well. She'll be fine."

"Nezu said Amora shouldn't be alone in public, what were you thinking?" Nemuri scolded, her attitude also returned serious. Everyone began to grab their jackets to leave. "Come on, let's go find her. You guys can pay me back later," she said after throwing the appropriate amount of money on the table.

Suddenly, he felt guilty at his decision to remain, but none of this outwardly showed.

"We don't have time to wait for the driver, we'll just get there on foot. U.A isn't that far away."

It's funny how fast people can sober up when faced with a problem. The group went from stumbling to fast walking down the street in the direction of the school.

"I'm telling you, she's fine," Shouta insisted, hands being shoved into his pockets.

"With all due respect, Shouta," said Hizashi, turning to his comrade sternly, "You didn't see what I saw the other day."

"No villain would be dumb enough to attack one person amidst an active city nor follow her into U.A. property. Not without reason," Aizawa countered.

Mic faced forward and continued to scan the area for any sign of Amora.

It wasn't long until they reached the walkway to the school property.

"She must be back already," commented Toshinori.

"See?" Inquired Shouta with aggravation, "Nothing to worry abou—"

As if it was on cue, an echo of cries erupted into the air, which they could immediately recognize as Amora.

"Go!" Nemuri shouted, everyone suddenly taking off in a full sprint towards the entrance. Aizawa even dug his goggles out and put them on in case he needed to use his quirk.

    But as soon as the four reached the closed entrance, everyone came to an abrupt stop, heads going down, shadows being casted on their features.

    Blood. Everywhere. And a body completely crushed by the large, metal door.

The four looked at each other in horror, but focused back on the situation at hand as they heard Amora shouting out many statements and crying to herself.

"Amora?" Mic called out, approaching the key pad, and noticing her card still in. He looked back at the group hesitantly before pressing the button that opens the gate and retrieving her identification for her.

"Amora?" Nemuri, this time, called to her as the door slowly began to open. Aizawa stood back as the other rushed to Amora's side upon seeing her state. Her eyes were widened in shock, hands covering her ears, as she cried out.

The group paused momentarily upon viewing the decapitated body, and the woman who was almost drenched in his blood. They began putting pieces together.

"Oh no, Amora, sweetie," Nemuri said, wrapping an arm around her waist, trying to help her stand, eyebrows furrowed, "Toshinori! Get a hold of Nezu. He needs to know about this ASAP."

"Amora, can you hear me? What happened?" Hizashi asked as the two helped the woman up.

She shakily looked at him, "He—He—I. ." She stammered, trying to speak, but Nemuri hushed her.

"It's okay, lets just get you to the infirmary, okay?"

"It—It hurts," She cried out, sobs erupting from her lips and soon a screech to express such pain. "My—My head. . Shouta—!"

All eyes darted back to the frozen man. It was like all emotions were turned off as he stared at the woman. His goggles shielded his eyes to prevent others from telling what he was feeling.

"Don't let me—" and another cry out. With that, he knew exactly what was happening. She wanted him to prevent her from dissociating into Chaos. And so, he would move out of his frozen state and act like a hero, activating his quirk. With that, he approached her, hair flowing behind him. Her body calmed slightly.

"Nezu and the others are on their way," All Might boldly stated after hanging up his phone.

"Wait for them," suddenly stated Aizawa, shoving the others out of the way and picking up Amora. "I have her. I'll take her to Recovery Girl. Clean this mess up."

Author's Note:

I typically hate writing shorter and to-the-point chapters. When I write other stories, each chapter averages around 4000 words, but many of this book's chapters are 1000-2000 words in length. But at the same time, short chapters enable me to update more often, so I think I'm going to keep doing chapters like this unless an event occurs that requires a larger one. I updated twice this week, which never happens, so I think this will work out for everyone.

Nonetheless, if you enjoyed, don't forget to vote and leave a comment! Feedback is always appreciated.

Stayed tuned for Chapter Eight!