Chapter 8

Ace escorted y/n all the way back to her hotel room, doing his best to keep her warm despite the cold rain. She opened the door, but hesitated when inviting the male in. She wanted to be alone, to cry, to collapse onto her bed and just try to sleep the hurt away, but he had been so helpful to her, she didn't want to just shove him away.

"Why don't you get changed? Maybe take a hot shower. I can cook something to eat, or I can order us something...Maybe room service-" Ace stopped as y/n shook her head.

"It's alright. I bought meals in advance. You can order something for yourself if you need. I don't really have much..." Y/n forced a weak smile. Ace only continued to look at her with concerned eyes. "Don't look at me like that." She shifted under his gaze.

"Sorry...I'm just...You went through a lot today. I just want you to know that, as your friend, I have your back! You can ask me if you need something." Ace pushed a strand of wet hair behind y/n's ear. She finally gave him a genuine smile.

"Thanks. The same goes for me." She sniffled.

"Now seriously, go take a hot bath or something. You're shaking like a leaf. I can leave the room if that makes you more comfortable." Ace suggested, but y/n shook her head.

"That's okay. I don't want to just give you the boot after you came all this way to help me. Just hang out in the common area and help yourself to whatever I have in the fridge. Again, I don't have much, but, yeah." Y/n sniffled again, she and Ace standing in a short awkward silence. Without saying anything else, she finally left to take that tempting hot bath. She really was freezing down to the bone.

Entering the single bedroom, y/n rummaged through her suitcase to find something comfortable to wear. Picking out some grey sweatpants and a graphic tee, along with her underwear, y/n moved towards the bathroom. Setting up the bath, y/n turned towards the mirror, sighing at her reflection.

Saying she looked like a hot mess was an understatement. Her makeup was running, her hair was soaked and out of control, and she was still shivering like a chihuahua. Taking Ace's jacket off of her shoulders, she hung it up on the prong attached to the back of the door, hoping it would dry out soon. She then continued to strip down completely, not sparing a glance at her reflection again, as she knew she would be dissatisfied.

Meanwhile, Ace was sitting at the kitchen bar, his chin resting on his hands that lay flat on the marble countertop. He had looked in the fridge, to see what y/n had, but all that was in there were small bags of pre-chopped lettuce, and a little bottle of salad dressing. He wondered if this really was all y/n was eating. He remembered she also ordered a salad at the food court. He smiled softly. She sure did like her greens, huh?

He was a bit disappointed at her lack of protein and extra snacks. He also couldn't deny the tiny bit of concern creeping at the back of his mind. He hoped that she was getting enough to eat. He knew she was busy working and stressing out over the art exhibition, but she needed to stay healthy too. He hummed to himself as he thought of taking her out for breakfast tomorrow. He didn't want to leave her alone. He wanted her to know that he was there to support her. Of course he would leave if she requested, but as of now, he wanted to make sure she was okay.

As far as he knew, they both had one more day in Tokyo, before they had to head back home, so he thought hanging out and touring a little bit of the city on their free day would help y/n relax.

Ace was pulled out of his thoughts as y/n emerged from the bedroom, holding a few towels in her hands. She walked up to him, handing him the towels.